It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I'm a big Ward-Prowse fan, made a case for him over any other English midfielder a couple of weeks ago, but going from FDJ to JWP would be a massively disappointing downgrade.
Genuine question….out of the two, which player would bring more to the side, who would settle quicker & be more suited to the Prem? FDJ no doubt has a higher ceiling, but he’s not done a great deal these last two seasons (which is a worry) he is younger and a genuine all rounder, but his wages are obscene. JWP is a good age, deadly from set pieces/pens, which is something we have put more importance on this season, a brilliant presser, with a seemingly good character, low ish wages, and possibly more accepting of being rotated. It just feels like he is a better fit right now

I don't get the FDJ links. Great player but would he push out any of our first choice 3 (Kev, Rodri or Bernie)? I'm not convinced. We need a Fernandinho replacement, someone who can come in and do a job as rotation dictates. No chance we splash out the fee and, more importantly, wages for a squad player.

Surely we should be in for Phillips if Leeds go down.
Been thinking about this myself, I wouldnt be opposed to this. He can play no.6/8, knows how to press, technically good enough and has an engine . We saw in the euros what he's truly capable of, didn't look out of place in any game. 26 YO which is the bracket we seem to like.

Does anyone have a list of the available spots in our squad ? foreign, homegrown etc? If only jesus goes and obviously haaland is joining... how many more can we sign?

Genuine question….out of the two, which player would bring more to the side, who would settle quicker & be more suited to the Prem? FDJ no doubt has a higher ceiling, but he’s not done a great deal these last two seasons (which is a worry) he is younger and a genuine all rounder, but his wages are obscene. JWP is a good age, deadly from set pieces/pens, which is something we have put more importance on this season, a brilliant presser, with a seemingly good character, low ish wages, and possibly more accepting of being rotated. It just feels like he is a better fit right now

Frenkie De Jong is a completely different calibre of player.

Who's going to settle quicker, the guy brought up to play Cruyffian football or a guy from southampton?

Who's going to settle quicker, the guy with 5 years of CL experience or the guy who's never played a european game?

I like JWP but make no mistakes this would be a bigger step up than Grealish has had to make. Everything we heard from Grealish about the football being so much faster, everything we heard about how hard 3 games a week is on your body and how it completely changes your life to be organised around football 24/7...that's all going to apply to JWP.

De Jong's wages are in line with Grealish, Sterling, De Bruyne and Haaland's, you can't really call them obscene any more.

I don't get the FDJ links. Great player but would he push out any of our first choice 3 (Kev, Rodri or Bernie)? I'm not convinced. We need a Fernandinho replacement, someone who can come in and do a job as rotation dictates. No chance we splash out the fee and, more importantly, wages for a squad player.
Do we want a Fernandinho at 37 replacement? I thought the idea would be to get someone who makes KDB, Bernardo and Rodri start 45 games a season instead of 55.

Someone equally good, so Rodri doesn't get so tired he can't play a CL run in, or KDB doesn't get another injury, Bernardo gets some magic back instead of being run into the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.