It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I'd love it to happen but surely they won't let him go after Haaland leaving. Although they've always been great at replacing players after they make big moves so could have someone lined up.
Maybe that's why the news/transfer would melt the internet.Right now people think it's inconceivable for Dortmund to lose two of their star players in one window. Now if City did get Jude as they have already got Haaland, surely this would cause a meltdown!

Shock waves will ripple across Europe and fear would sink in and accompanied with the usual name calling and bashing of City by all other fans , News networks and Pundits alike!
If this happens, all I will say is: LET THERE BE CARNAGE!

Just listening to Sam Lee’s latest athletic pod. Says to keep an eye on Gundogan, he may well leave.

As sad as I’d be to see Ilkay go…

That swap plus cash for Bellingham certainly looks a no brainer in terms of offering it to BVB. Whether or not they’d lend an ear is a different story.

Just listening to Sam Lee’s latest athletic pod. Says to keep an eye on Gundogan, he may well leave.

As sad as I’d be to see Ilkay go…

That swap plus cash for Bellingham certainly looks a no brainer in terms of offering it to BVB. Whether or not they’d lend an ear is a different story.
I think Gundogan going is what would prompt us to make a big move for De Jong.

Maybe that's why the news/transfer would melt the internet.Right now people think it's inconceivable for Dortmund to lose two of their star players in one window. Now if City did get Jude as they have already got Haaland, surely this would cause a meltdown!

Shock waves will ripple across Europe and fear would sink in and accompanied with the usual name calling and bashing of City by all other fans , News networks and Pundits alike!
If this happens, all I will say is: LET THERE BE CARNAGE!
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Bellingham was mentioned in dispatches in respect to Haaland.

If we were to have a deal for Jude, less €10m & allow Gundog an emotional return to Dortmund (or even on a free), it would allow them to move on from the constant speculation over their most prized assets & rebuild without distractions.

Frenkie De Jong is a completely different calibre of player.

Who's going to settle quicker, the guy brought up to play Cruyffian football or a guy from southampton?

Who's going to settle quicker, the guy with 5 years of CL experience or the guy who's never played a european game?

I like JWP but make no mistakes this would be a bigger step up than Grealish has had to make. Everything we heard from Grealish about the football being so much faster, everything we heard about how hard 3 games a week is on your body and how it completely changes your life to be organised around football 24/7...that's all going to apply to JWP.

De Jong's wages are in line with Grealish, Sterling, De Bruyne and Haaland's, you can't really call them obscene any more.
I don’t think the fact he came through the Southampton academy and plays in their first team is a negative at all, they have a very good set up & remain very successful at identifying & working with talent, not to mention their recruitment (you know the names) , he’s remained an integral part of that for over 10 years of PL football & captained his team for the last two seasons, and carried them at times. I’d fancy him to settle far easier than Jack, he seems a more studious level headed character (no slight on JG) I think there’s a far greater risk of FDJ not taking to English football than JWP to the CL or Pep-ball.
FDJ’s Goal contributions are about half that of JWP, but he does have 1 more goal in Europe, it’s that what leans me towards JWP in terms of what our squad/team needs, his skill set is far more in demand (imho) than FDJ’s

I don’t think the fact he came through the Southampton academy and plays in their first team is a negative at all, they have a very good set up & remain very successful at identifying & working with talent, not to mention their recruitment (you know the names) , he’s remained an integral part of that for over 10 years of PL football & captained his team for the last two seasons, and carried them at times. I’d fancy him to settle far easier than Jack, he seems a more studious level headed character (no slight on JG) I think there’s a far greater risk of FDJ not taking to English football than JWP to the CL or Pep-ball.
FDJ’s Goal contributions are about half that of JWP, but he does have 1 more goal in Europe, it’s that what leans me towards JWP in terms of what our squad/team needs, his skill set is far more in demand (imho) than FDJ’s
As good a player as JWP is can't see his signing melting the internet

Thing is unlike the summers where we’ve waited (when VK or Sergio left), once Fernandinho goes we’ve only got Rodri who plays DM. Yes Gundogan can play at a push but Fernandinho has had 7 league starts at DM. Fernandinho must be replaced this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.