It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Its evident that some players need a signing that will challenge for their position - Eddy definitely needs one, and we need either a LB or RB (dependent on if Pep switches Cancelo back to LB)

And then we need a box to box CM to replace fernandinho

Fingers crossed we have targets lined up and we can move swift and quickly to get them in for a full pre-season and then lay a marker in the community shield against the dippers
Yes, reinforcements definitely required. One good thing is no tournament distractions in the summer, let's do our business early.

This is revisionism. He spent £52m on Mendy to be a traditional LB and if he'd not destroyed his knees and got in legal trouble he'd likely be playing as often as Walker.

He was going to sign Bertrand as well if Alves hadn't flaked.

He wants a traditional LB, he's just been forced to adapt.
Even tried to get Angelino back and make it work but he wasn't good enough

Quite interested to see if he does and how he sets up. The fullbacks sitting inside (Walker into a 3, and Cancelo into mid) helps Rodri alot with the attacking talent we have on the counter etc. Wonder if he'll use one to sit and one overlap depending when side he wants to overload.

He taught Delph/Zinks how to do the FB from the CM skillset. Wonder if he'll do the reverse and get a FB and teach him the inside role etc.

I thought Hickey who can play LB/RB & CM would have been ideal.

It would be the same as we have now, but instead of Cancelo taking up the inside left position and forcing Grealish or Foden wide to the touchline, the LB would be the wide player and Grealish and Foden would be around the corner of the box.

It would be the same as we have now, but instead of Cancelo taking up the inside left position and forcing Grealish or Foden wide to the touchline, the LB would be the wide player and Grealish and Foden would be around the corner of the box.
Fairs could use someone with a bit of pace then f they are having to up and down byline to byline. I like the bit of deeper cover the fullback brings in that left half space. Just a lil cushion in transistion if we lose it high up.

Stop...he got smoked all day long...it is what it is...not his fault...he's not a LB...

It's not like he was helped by a Center Back in Laporte that bites on every ball that comes his way, or by the 37-year-old CM who is clearly washed, or the poor goalkeeping of Ederson.

I saw him giving his all, and trying to make things work.

Zinchenko has had great games up against Salah, and plenty of other better and faster players than West Ham have.

So either he had a bad day, or the CB pairing caused it, either way it's in the rear view mirror now and forgotten already.

I look at it two ways

Unless someone comes in for Zinchenko I can’t see us buying a LB.

Or we do buy a left back because when we buy a right back it will be a full on Walker replacement, someone like James. Which I can’t see happening now because both him and Walker are good enough to start every game.

I look at it two ways

Unless someone comes in for Zinchenko I can’t see us buying a LB.

Or we do buy a left back because when we buy a right back it will be a full on Walker replacement, someone like James. Which I can’t see happening now because both him and Walker are good enough to start every game.
i highly doubt City will take a the risk in not get another fullback, regardless of side. As evident, without Walker, that backline totally falls apart against any type of speed.

i highly doubt City will take a the risk in not get another fullback, regardless of side. As evident, without Walker, that backline totally falls apart against any type of speed.
And if we do get a another fullback, I hope he has pace. Without Walker, coming up against speed, our defense is like watching kindergarten kids being left for dust. I really wonder why Pep and the board never seem to address the lack of pace in our defense and midfield!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.