It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

No one saw Liverpool signing Dias, tsimikas, Thiago and Jota and thought wow that’s incredible business. Most thought Dias was an ok signing but probably a bit lightweight, Jota wasn’t even the star at a mid table premier league team, tsimikas ….who? & Thiago was injured all the time.

The reality is when Robertson doesn’t play you don’t really notice, Dias although the media are bias is apparently the signing of the season, Thiago has been a 7 out of 10 player most weeks and if you get that with his ability then it’s worth every penny and Jota for me is Liverpool’s player of the season….29 goals and assists in 51 games.

If we sign Haaland, Alvarez, Nunes, Phillips and cucarella for somewhere between £30-50mill net the we have replaced Mendy, Torres, Aguero, Jesus & Fernandinho, that is a massive improvement for me.
I don’t know what you’re talking about. I called Diaz a game changer for Liverpool here when he was signed. An incredible player I’ve kept my eye on for awhile. The kind of player you get when you open up the horizons.
I don’t think Alvarez, Nunes, Phillips and the other guy are any kind of improvement

To be honest Liverpool wouldn't of had a chance with Diaz if Porto had remained in this season's Champions League

They had got incredibly lucky
I don’t call competence luck. How important was Ruben Dias to our campaigns last season? Did we also get lucky that they didn’t get to the group stage? And either way they had their sights on the forme Porto player anyway. I have hope some of these links are false. Like someone said, it seems like this kind of scouting is like watching YouTube highlights

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I called Diaz a game changer for Liverpool here when he was signed. An incredible player I’ve kept my eye on for awhile. The kind of player you get when you open up the horizons.
I don’t think Alvarez, Nunes, Phillips and the other guy are any kind of improvement

Debatable but when Liverpool bought Andy Robertson and Matip nobody thought they would be the players they are. Probably say the same about Salah and Jota too. Think Pep and his team know what they’re doing.

I don’t call competence luck. How important was Ruben Dias to our campaigns last season? Did we also get lucky that they didn’t get to the group stage? And either way they had their sights on the forme Porto player anyway. I have hope some of these links are false. Like someone said, it seems like this kind of scouting is like watching YouTube highlights
They still had to rely on Porto crashing out the Champions League. Likewise for Ruben Dias. I am not totally disagreeing with you with the overall quality of Kalvin Phillips but I don't agree with blowing more smoke up Liverpool's bum with an signing that under normal circumstance wouldn't of happend until the summer. Same with Bruno Fernandes

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.