It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I don't think we are losing both Raz and Gabby. Just one
Only way both go is if crazy £ offered in Sterling case but not so sure he’d leave anyway, I don’t know but wonder if he’ll run his contract down for ££ next club.

we can’t have world class players all over the squad just isn’t feasible

I agree with this but it's not really what I'm asking for. I was okay with Phillips at first simply because we've had no backup to Rodri but then I've been thinking about whether or not I'd actually be comfortable with him getting significant minutes at any point. Not massively confident with that idea.

Alvarez is a relatively unknown quantity coming from a league of much less quality and he's not been great the last couple of months.

Cucurella is the one who might do well but we've waited so long to get a left back and I'm not convinced he is what others seem to think he is.

Maybe it's just Phillips. We're light on numbers in midfield and I'd hope there's someone else we're bringing in to add a bit of genuine competition.

I agree with this but it's not really what I'm asking for. I was okay with Phillips at first simply because we've had no backup to Rodri but then I've been thinking about whether or not I'd actually be comfortable with him getting significant minutes at any point. Not massively confident with that idea.

Alvarez is a relatively unknown quantity coming from a league of much less quality and he's not been great the last couple of months.

Cucurella is the one who might do well but we've waited so long to get a left back and I'm not convinced he is what others seem to think he is.

Maybe it's just Phillips. We're light on numbers in midfield and I'd hope there's someone else we're bringing in to add a bit of genuine competition.
I think Phillips is possibly better than you may think. If we sign him let’s hope so : )

The only thing separating that from a poor transfer window is Haaland. Pretty big exception, sure, but I'm not convinced the other three are going to add much, at least in the short term.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but it feels like we might be missing another opportunity to genuinely strengthen in key areas but rather bringing in players to make up the numbers.

Phillips is in better physical condition than Fernandinho has been so that's a positive but it's probably the most difficult position to play in our team and he's hardly a world beater.

Alvarez I'm not expecting much from in the short term.

Cucurella is a "proper" left back but I think people have been hugely overestimating him since the links started.

I'm not expecting a list of £100m signings to be brought in but it's fairly underwhelming if these are our targets. Hopefully Haaland makes all the difference by himself and the main players avoid injury next season.
but they shouldn't add much execpt haaland.Our main problem this season was FW. We are replacing Fernandinho who started a couple of matches, so we need a DM willing to sit on the bench most of the season, and who is going to rotate with Rodri after the UCL takes the fitness out of the starting XI. The same case is with Cucurella who is going to be a rotation player for Cancelo. So, with huge improvement Haaland presents in terms of efficiency, who do you think would be better suitor to fill those two positions (DM and LB)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.