It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Also, assuming Sterling does leave, I wonder if that means anything with Jesus? Or is it that they both go and it means we sign another player on top of everyone else?

On Atleticos side of things I was told he's non transferable this window, but Mendes is helping facilitate Darwin Nunez move to Atletico which they don't have money for. Need 80 mil.
Mendes is our guy, I'm sure he'll help us out.

I know we lost Mendy but we now seem to have a bit of an overload at left back.
Cancelo's best position is probably left back & if Walker plays then surly Cancelo starts left back.
That would leave Cucurella & Zinchenko on the bench.
Zinchenko could well leave if Arsenal put a proposal together.

Cancelo easily competes with Walker and either start depending on the game's requirement. We've been trying to plug gaps at left back for years. It was long overdue. Cucurella will be aggressive and got a lot more drive than Zinchenko even. 2 of those competing for left back is very good. Also allows Zinchenko to be an extra midfield option. Given last season's games and the fact that Walker wasn't fit for quite a bit, Cancelo will earn enough rest, push to up form as well which imo dropped by a landslide towards the end of season (but having to play both left and right side due to lack of rotation played its part). We dearly missed Walker, he is obviously now 32. So smart move by us. Two quality full backs either side to compete with each other and rotate for rest.

Walker/Cancelo
Zinchenko/Cucurella
then the makeshift options in Stones and Aké able to fill either side in case of a crisis. We will also have 4 centre backs competing for spots so it's great. Game management becomes easy, we were reduced to 17 senior players and struggled throughout season to keep that high level. It's only because of that a title race even started, else we'd have it wrapped up pretty early.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.