It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Who are you thinking? I've only heard Felix, and that's only on here.
I was thinking the full backs being used for the width and putting balls in, in the same way the old Barcelona full backs were. Which is why I think Cucurella would make such a difference to how we play, and Walker or Cancelo on the other side.

I was thinking the full backs being used for the width and putting balls in, in the same way the old Barcelona full backs were. Which is why I think Cucurella would make such a difference to how we play, and Walker or Cancelo on the other side.

Hmm, I suppose that's a possibility.

I just can't think that having no top-level fast and powerful wingers at the club is a good omen. Particularly since we might need more dynamism considering we will almost certainly lose some possession control now that the false nine dropping deep will be replaced by Haaland pushing further ahead. Sterling would suit the type of game I assume we'll play with Haaland a lot more than he has done the false nine and it would be a massive shame to see him leave at this time. Cucurella seems a good player but I believe we already have two good LBs and two other players who can cover there comfortably. Given the choice, I would rather keep Sterling and have Cancelo and Zinny as our LBs with Ake and Laporte covering if needed. I know the two aren't related but the news about the two being delivered like that makes it feel like they are, ha.

With Alvarez and Haaland, Mahrez and Palmer, Foden and Grealish, in addition to McAtee, Delap, and Edozie, I would let Raz go if he wants to and wish him well - he's been a great player for us.
Agree with all mate that would like to see edozie getting some game time off the bench he's rapid and remind me of sane with how direct he is

Also baffled by people who think the top scorer of the entire Pep era and one of our most prolific players of all time can just be replaced with Palmer or Edozie.

The thing is management doesn't look at Nostalgia.. they look at likely return based on percentages. The amount of chances Raz gets to score goals vs the actual goals scored.

I hate to use this comparison but Jesus is not Aguero with his finishing although Jesus works a lot harder and is a total pain in the opposing teams butt.

If you've heard Pep's interviews Palmer is a natural and has the best goalscoaring ability out of our entire team. He's just not the complete player yet and got injured. But if all things were equal.. he'd play a lot more.

Similarly Edozie has better than Sterling pace and isn't lacking confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.