It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

And you know that because?
We will have a front line that contains Haaland, Mahrez, Alvarez, Foden, Grealish, Palmer and possibly Edozie and Delap, backed up by Bernardo, KDB and Gundogan - I suggest that we will be okay. If Raz and Gabby wish to leave, good luck to them both - they've been great. Sane has been gone for a good while and we have been just as successful since.

Because... I've seen them?

Sterling is one of the best players the club has ever had, five assists away from being the only player to get 100+ goals and 100+ assists in a City shirt. Anyone who thinks Edozie or Borges can fill his slot without a massive drop in quality is deluding themselves. That's no knock on them. I like them. They're not Sterling-level. And out of all the names you list, only Foden is the dynamic and rapid winger and even he prefers being inside rather than working the sides of the pitch. Grealish is that even more so, Mahrez prefers cutting in, Haaland and Alvarez play in the middle, the rest are academy players, and none of them have the pace/width/power that Sterling brings. That means we'll have gone from three fast, wide, dynamic wingers who enjoy working the sides to none. Obviously we will still have fantastic players but it's a dimension to our game that will have been depleted heavily. How much of an effect that will have is a mystery, but I'd rather just not have to worry about it. Keeping Sterling should the priority if he can be convinced to give playing with Haaland a go, and if he does leave, a player with a similar profile should be the priority over more inside, deep-lying, tricky players like Felix. Just my tuppence.

Because... I've seen them?

Sterling is one of the best players the club has ever had, five assists away from being the only player to get 100+ goals and 100+ assists in a City shirt. Anyone who thinks Edozie or Borges can fill his slot without a massive drop in quality is deluding themselves. That's no knock on them. I like them. They're not Sterling-level. And out of all the names you list, only Foden is the dynamic and rapid winger and even he prefers being inside rather than working the sides of the pitch. Grealish is that even more so, Mahrez prefers cutting in, Haaland and Alvarez play in the middle, the rest are academy players, and none of them have the pace/width/power that Sterling brings. That means we'll have gone from three fast, wide, dynamic wingers who enjoy working the sides to none. Obviously we will still have fantastic players but it's a dimension to our game that will have been depleted heavily. How much of an effect that will have is a mystery, but I'd rather just not have to worry about it. Keeping Sterling should the priority if he can be convinced to give playing with Haaland a go, and if he does leave, a player with a similar profile should be the priority over more inside, deep-lying, tricky players like Felix. Just my tuppence.
I understand your point, but a player leaving creates opportunity. With the purchase of Haaland and Alvarez, it is probable that our style of play will change too. I can understand your point with Raz, but not with Gabby, who's not really a dynamic winger, more of an inside forward. The assumption is that both will leave, but they may not and we will not know about the academy players until they play. For me, Mahrez and Palmer on the right are a hell of a prospect, similarly, Foden and Grealish on the left. I talk about Borges and Edozie as backup, not main men like Raz, but I think both have enormous potential.

This will be a 4-2-3-1
Think 4132 more likely. Something like

Ederson
Walker/Cancelo Stones/Dias /Laporte/Ake Cucurella/Zinchenko
Rodri/ Phillips
Bernardo./KDB. / Grealish /Foden/Palmer
Haaland / Alvarez / Mahrez/Sterling

Of course it easily changes to any formation and even back to a false 9 if Haaland doesn't play. If Felix did replace Sterling then a front 2 works even better with 2 from Haaland Felix Alvarez,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.