It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Take the money out of it. That is what it is.

Would swapping Bernardo for FDJ improve or weaken us?
Weaken. One of Bernardo's greatest strengths that he brings to the team is defensive, his energy and pressing. FDJ doesn't look physically capable of being coached to do the same.

Weaken. One of Bernardo's greatest strengths that he brings to the team is defensive, his energy and pressing. FDJ doesn't look physically capable of being coached to do the same.
Agree, but he doesn’t always play well. Him coming off against Villa changed the game.

FDJ = Gundogan in my head as a squad replacement.

Agree, but he doesn’t always play well. Him coming off against Villa changed the game.

FDJ = Gundogan in my head as a squad replacement.
Nobody always plays well. Even when Bernardo doesn't he puts a hell of a shift in defensively. Agree that FDJ would be more of a Silky replacement, but for the wages and fee it would involve I'd imagine we've got other options on our radar offering better value. Can't pay marquee fees and wages for a player that won't be a starting player when all are fit and in form which imo he wouldn't be.

Nobody always plays well. Even when Bernardo doesn't he puts a hell of a shift in defensively. Agree that FDJ would be more of a Silky replacement, but for the wages and fee it would involve I'd imagine we've got other options on our radar offering better value. Can't pay marquee fees and wages for a player that won't be a starting player when all are fit and in form which imo he wouldn't be.
It’d be interesting to hear what Pep thought about Bernardo’s performances at the back end of the season.

Was he dropping deep because we were protecting a weakened back 4 or was it an impulsive decision by Bernardo to create more stability?

Either way, it wasn’t working until Pep changed it.

Our purchases to replace our 8s will probably define how successful we are over the next few years.

It’d be interesting to hear what Pep thought about Bernardo’s performances at the back end of the season.

Was he dropping deep because we were protecting a weakened back 4 or was it an impulsive decision by Bernardo to create more stability?

Either way, it wasn’t working until Pep changed it.

Our purchases to replace our 8s will probably define how successful we are over the next few years.
Answered your own question with the second paragraph

Which might not be the greatest of idea's considering Gundo's back injuries. We have added one of the best strikers in World Football we cannot afford to weaken our side just yet.
What back injuries? He was playing with back pains for awhile reportedly, but hasn’t missed out on games for it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.