It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Fans won’t like it, but this is the 1st summer in a long time (ever?) that we have the opportunity to make some serious money by selling fringe players, and/or those coming into the last year of their contracts.

Sterling, Mahrez, Ake, and unfortunately Jesus and Zinchenko makes us a minimum of £200m and probably the best part of £750k pw saved on wages.

We would be crazy to let Sterling and/or Mahrez leave on a free in 12 months time. That’s £100m in transfer fees and approx £25m in wages on those two alone...I don’t care how good they are, they are not worth sacrificing £2.5m pw for. In the FFP era, you just do not let that happen. Of the two, Mahrez has to be the one that club make every effort to sell because of his age. Sterling must sign a new deal or again, the club should be pushing for a sale.

Ake was much improved last season but if we can get our money back, we would be silly not to. We might even be able to make a profit if the likes of Newcastle are interested.

I would like Jesus to sign a new deal and for Zin to stay, but if they want away, they are likely very easy to shift and probably bring in £80m+.

These deals potentially give us a lot of wiggle room when it comes to bringing players in. That wiggle room disappears if we just allow players to leave on a free in 12 months.

You got to have buyers.

I had Ake as pushing for a “first choice” starting role next season. But if not hes surely reasonable to take his 2 PL medals and move on to another CL team and start comfortably

Raheem Sterling just earns too much hate missing 3 yard open chances. Even i dont know how many times i curse him during the match. But the truth is he just stays at the right place at the right time. Other players might not miss chances like he does but other players will not be in that position in the first place.

with haaland i hope we can see the 2018/19 sterling again

Even if he doesn't extend his contract now, i hope we keep him. After 6 months if he gets his form back, then he will be starting games and will be happy and can sign in mid season. Just a reminder that you dont need a window to extend player contracts

Cancelo and Walker want to start every week, which means we have three poss left backs, of which, Cucurella ain't joining to play back up left back.

Hence, asking if Cucurella is able to play in other positions to placate him.
Maybe theres a Walker to CB move coming from Pep (like Alaba when he was at Bayern) which opens up a FB position

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.