It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

He can not. Because he is not good enough. And not ready. It is not just making up numbers, it is having an impact on games, and Ake's was fucking huge this year. To the point I'd go as far as saying we wouldn't have won the title without him.

Yeah you probably right but me personally I would like to play a youth player but pep will not.

Further to above Ake has had 27 appearences for us this season. 14 in the league. No kid is getting that much game time, don't kid yourself. Palmer, by far our most talented and promising kid that many here seem to think is 'ready' has had 4 appearences. Not even enough for a winners medal. There is some perspective. We used fernandinho a 37 year old dmf ahead of using a kid. We used john stones at RB, instead of using a kid. When people say, we don't need a 40m player to be 4th choice CB, we do, because we have ambitions to win things, not just make up numbers.

He seems a bit lightweight for me, watched him against spurs (the game before Brighton played us) and I wasn't impressed, can anyone debunk my fears ??

I don't fully understand the hype that has built up around him over the last few weeks but he looks like pretty tenacious in defence. Not someone who goes steaming into challenges every time but he also squares up to attackers and forces them to try and take him on. He's quick over the first few yards and robust.

Not convinced he's got the skillset to play inside like Cancelo or Zinchenko but I don't think anyone should be worried about him being a defensive weak point.

According to james pearce, if mo salah doesn't get a significant offer from liverpool, he will leave for free in 2023. Open to a PL move as well. Do you see him as a replacement for mahrez?

So liverpool are in same situation as us, mane and salah's contract expire in 1 year, so does sterling and mahrez's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.