It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Liverpool mouthpiece reporting that Salah wants abetter contract or will leave on a free and wants to stay in PL. Could be just agent negotiation talk and nothing to suggest City is even remotely interested but the absolute chaos that would ensue if this was eventual Stearling/Mahrez or Jesus replacement would be a sight to behold.

It would be absolute chaos but it would make a lot of sense for City to him, on numerous fronts.

Plus he lives in the area and presumably family is settled etc.

Probably very unlikely to happen but one to watch, particularly if Mahrez runs his contract down next season.

I have a feeling we will go for Saka next year, I think if he doesn’t sign a contract, next year he will have one year left. Fits the profile of a signing we would want. English international, young with potential.

Imagine if we sold Mahrez/sterling and Jesus and signed Salah. The absolute fallout and scouse tears would be a joy to watch!

It would be absolute chaos but it would make a lot of sense for City to him, on numerous fronts.

Plus he lives in the area and presumably family is settled etc.

Probably very unlikely to happen but one to watch, particularly if Mahrez runs his contract down next season.
He’s just using the prospect of staying in England with another team to leverage a better deal from the cult. He would need 24/7 armed security if he signed for us, imagine the shit Sterling still gets off them to this day x 1,000

Cancelo and Walker want to start every week, which means we have three poss left backs, of which, Cucurella ain't joining to play back up left back.

Hence, asking if Cucurella is able to play in other positions to placate him.
Is it just me or does Walker seem to be picking up more injuries this season than usual. He’s 32 now as well and we don’t want to go down the road of keeping a player till they burn out. It’s something we’ve been guilty of before. That’s not to say we need to get rid of him now but we could do with reducing the reliance on him.

The other side of things is that Zinchenko has always been a midfielder anyway. Maybe this will see him get more games at LCM like he does for Ukraine. It could also see him sold as the rumours are picking up. I’d be gutted to see him go as he feels like one of us now but it could end up being the best thing for his career. He’s always going to be considered a utility man whilst he’s here

I have a feeling we will go for Saka next year, I think if he doesn’t sign a contract, next year he will have one year left. Fits the profile of a signing we would want. English international, young with potential.
Seems very possible to me. Perhaps even this summer if we sell Sterling/Mahrez and Saka doesnt commit to a new contract. Would certainly cause some meltdown around the internet!

It would be interesting to see if Salah all of a sudden is up for sale this Summer. I don’t think Liverpool have the financial power to let him walk on a free next year, and if they feel there is no way Salah will sign a new deal, I imagine they will make him available for transfer.

Surely we would have to be interested at the right price?

The real move here is to cash in on Cancelo, get Cucurella as the starting classic LB and Zinchenko as the inside, control the game left back, but we won't do it.

Instead we'll probably sell him for peanuts in a year or 18 months after he's become an "unhappy face" at training because Cucurella and Walker have nailed down the positions, then Zinchenko will be at Arsenal and we'll have to find someone else.
Not sure getting rid of Cancelo is a great idea considering Walker is 32.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.