It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Not sure that corners are much of a problem, we've only conceded one set piece goal in 37 league games this season
We’ve conceded the least from set pieces and scored the most and along with the vermin scose cunts have conceded the least goals in the league but to read some of the fuckin herberts on here we’re shite at the back

We’ve conceded the least from set pieces and scored the most and along with the vermin scose cunts have conceded the least goals in the league but to read some of the fuckin herberts on here we’re shite at the back
If a team who has 70 plus percent possession of the ball most games, I’d be extremely worried if the number of goals they conceded wasn't quite minimal. Shite is extreme, but we concede a lot considering the number of chances we concede. That’s either on ederson, the defence or both. We just need to do what we do best and keep the ball.

If a team who has 70 plus percent possession of the ball most games, I’d be extremely worried if the number of goals they conceded wasn't quite minimal. Shite is extreme, but we concede a lot considering the number of chances we concede. That’s either on ederson, the defence or both. We just need to do what we do best and keep the ball.
It’s risk versus reward with the high line that we defend, i’d say 4 league wins( yes i’m that confident) put of 5 seasons says we’re not doing too bad

The reason is that if you play a high line, then you give up quality chances.

Playing against a low block it's very difficult for our players to get into the box with the ball. If they take a shot, it's likely to have a low chance of scoring, because there are often 3 or 4 players, trying to block it.

Our success at defending set plays shows that when our defence is set in place, they're difficult to beat. The problem is that because we play so far up the pitch, when play turns over, if we don't manage to regain possession quickly, then most of our players are either behind the ball, or running back towards goal, and there tends to be lots of space to play in.

So, the attackers will find it easier to get closer to the goal, where it's obviously easier to score, and our defence will often have just one player trying to block a shot while running into position.

It’s risk versus reward with the high line that we defend, i’d say 4 league wins( yes i’m that confident) put of 5 seasons says we’re not doing too bad
I’m not saying we are bad. Liverpool concede much more chances than we do from what I see, yet we have conceded the same haven’t we? They play a high line too. Pointless getting into it further when people can’t even look at the state each week. Look at the shots on goals conceded then look at what we’ve conceded. Ederson has saved 60 shots this season. Conceded 24. So pretty more than a quarter of shots on target have gone in. Yeah that doesn’t account for unstoppable goals but also doesn’t account for fluffed pea rollers he will save with ease.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.