It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We can get fast technical players who can operate under pressure in tight areas. Nkunku fits the bill, technical and fast.

i think the problem with that though is the price tag in relation to who he plays for with regards player exchange? If Nkunku played for Barca then it would be a lot easier to do a deal with Sterling or Jesus involved?

Is anyone concerned how will this potential massive buying/selling transfer window affect us in the short term, mainly concerning attacking UCL and PL next season with dippers breathing at the our neck every game?
IMO, the main focus should be on Ferna/Gundo replacement + LB (if decent upgrade is feasible on the market in the summer window) since those two have huge effect on the dressing room and not only in terms of performance.
I think you`ll find that both KDB and certainly Ruben will fill those boots quite comfortably and are already doing so.

but nowadays there is no space for any fast winger to run into mate? Every team we face drops that deep that we needed more technical players who can operate under pressure in tight areas?
I understand what you're saying but we already have a number of wingers who are more technical than fast. Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, Jesus. We need some upfront speed, something different. Besides, if a player has speed it does not mean that he lacks technique. Perhaps the correct definition is agile, quick rather than fast, someone who can beat players one-on-one quickly. Felix is really slow. Nkunku has it all.

Our fa cup & CL season derailed because of injuries, and we also blew a chance to seal the league due to a makeshift back 4 at weekend.

Surely we can’t then go into a season with LESS options?

He simply isn’t going to start Palmer or McAtee in anything other than an injury crisis in the league or CL.

Lavia, Mbete or Egan Riley will be lucky to get off the bench in the league cup.

I really really do hope it’s not another case of letting players go then waiting a window or 2 to replace them ala Yaya, Kompany, Aguero, Torres.

Hopefully not and if that were to happen they would have to give us cash on top which it seems they dont have? if (and hopefully not a possibility) Bernardo wants to go there then it would need to be Felix and Say Lodi for Bernardo?
I get the feeling IF Bernardo wants to leave the club will be very reasonable in terms of fee in respect the way he has stayed (despite Homesickness etc) at the club and given his all.

Our fa cup & CL season derailed because of injuries, and we also blew a chance to seal the league due to a makeshift back 4 at weekend.

Surely we can’t then go into a season with LESS options?

He simply isn’t going to start Palmer or McAtee in anything other than an injury crisis in the league or CL.

Lavia, Mbete or Egan Riley will be lucky to get off the bench in the league cup.

I really really do hope it’s not another case of letting players go then waiting a window or 2 to replace them ala Yaya, Kompany, Aguero, Torres.
He started Palmer against Everton this season when he had Mahrez and Jesus on the bench. Had he not spent the second half of the season injured I'm sure he'd have made another start or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.