It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Just curious... Why are you hesitant on Phillips for 25-35m?
It's not the fee, more so that I don't rate him that highly. I've always thought of him as one-dimensional and injury prone.

That being said, I am openly admitting that I'm basing this off a handful of Leeds games plus his performance in the Euros, and am hardly a tactical expert, so I realize that I may be flat out wrong in my opinion.

Other posters and pundits who I trust have begun to convince me there's a player in there. I'm all for it, if that's who Pep and the club want.

Hard when Leeds suck and him being injured. First season is what to be judged on. His season in the championship was top level too. Can't blame anyone sucking in this current Leeds side xD
Similar situation to the Fabian Delph signing. That too wasn't a particularly exciting signing but did satisfy a few Premier League rules and he did help win a few trophies so no reason why not Kalvin Phillips will can do the same.

It's not the fee, more so that I don't rate him that highly. I've always thought of him as one-dimensional and injury prone.

That being said, I am openly admitting that I'm basing this off a handful of Leeds games plus his performance in the Euros, and am hardly a tactical expert, so I realize that I may be flat out wrong in my opinion.

Other posters and pundits who I trust have begun to convince me there's a player in there. I'm all for it, if that's who Pep and the club want.
Weird that you mention the Euros as he was almost world class in that tournament. This season is fair but when hes played, even if leeds sucked, hes always dropped consisten levels next to Klich and Dallas, whom are shite. I think people underestimate the signing.

Plus he seems like the person that fits at city.

Weird that you mention the Euros as he was almost world class in that tournament. This season is fair but when hes played, even if leeds sucked, hes always dropped consisten levels next to Klich and Dallas, whom are shite. I think people underestimate the signing.

Plus he seems like the person that fits at city.
To clarify a bit - I think he played well in the Euros, but in a role that was more limited in what he would be asked to do here.

I saw "good player" but not "City level #6" potential there. But like I said, happy to be wrong, he will have my full backing and support if he does come here.

You do make a good point that he seems like a good locker room fit.

To clarify a bit - I think he played well in the Euros, but in a role that was more limited in what he would be asked to do here.

I saw "good player" but not "City level #6" potential there. But like I said, happy to be wrong, he will have my full backing and support if he does come here.

You do make a good point that he seems like a good locker room fit.
Fairs. I think Citys interest in him says it all. Plus him rejecting the rags makes him a perfect signing without his qualities on the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.