It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Most try to some degree. It takes time to transition as we found with Pep’s first season and a keeper that wasn’t Ederson at passing.

Ederson's passing is beginning to be taken for granted.

If Ortega was as good at passing, Arteta would bin Ramsdale in a heartbeat.
Isnt that the difference that we play that way all the time, Pep is willing to sacrifice some shot saving ability for what Eddy brings with his feet.

I've been on here since 2008 and still struggle to appreciate how it works ;)

I just think some people saw his authoritative style of posting, with so little time served, as condescending.

There are nuances of the English language that even many Americans struggle to twig, like irony and sarcasm?

He bit back perhaps because he felt he was being singled-out, but I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Some maybe didn't like a foreign fan with forthright opinions, others because they could see he would bite.

I mean, if we are talking abrasive, Gus was nothing in comparison to my bro Zin and @SWP's back ;)

I enjoyed his posts, for the most part - he held some strongly felt and pretty clear positions on the game and on our club, and always tried to argue them with a confident, direct rationale as to why he felt that way. Which considering he was communicating in a second language is even more impressive!

I always prefer posters who take the time to explain their opinions on here, even when I don’t agree with them - the forum works best when there’s debate, and I’ve changed my opinions on the game many times over the years based on conversations I’ve had with other blues on here.

It’s the kids who plague the place every summer holidays and start chucking a load of ill-informed, reactionary nonsense about in response to some baseless Twitter post they’ve found, with absolutely no critical thinking, logic or reason behind it - as if the world owes their half-baked reactions the time of day when they can’t even be bothered to put in the time or effort to explain themselves properly.

The ‘Txiki can’t negotiate for shit coz he’s not buying X instead of Y - what, is the guy completely fucking brain dead?’ type bullshit which inevitably you end up having to wade through post after post of during school holidays.

Give me debating with Gus over debating some kid out for a quick reaction any day of the week!

Isnt that the difference that we play that way all the time, Pep is willing to sacrifice some shot saving ability for what Eddy brings with his feet.
Only because we’re amazing at it and it creates more goals than it causes.

All teams would love to do what we do as it guarantees you getting up the pitch and keeping the ball.

Why’s he gone so under the radar Hes 29 and some of these saves are incredible

These "match of the day" videos as I call them surely can't be taken seriously. Videos of Samaras years ago before we signed him made him look like a lanky Pele. Along with numerous others including Steffen...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.