It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

OK I know this is sad for a 50 year old and not 100% accurate but I worked out teams over 8 games if we were to rotate 4 players every game playing 4-2-1-3 after the transfers of Raz and Cucurella

1. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Bernie, Kev, Foden, Haaland, Mahrez
2. Eddy, Walker, Cucurella, Dias, Stones, Rodri, Foden, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Mahrez
3. Eddy, Cancelo, Cucurella, Stones, Laporte, Phillips, Bernie, Kev, Foden, Haaland, Mahrez
4. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Rodri, Gundo, Bernie, Grealish, Haaland, Alverez
5. Eddy, Cancelo, Cucurella, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Gundo, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Foden
6. Eddy, Cancelo, Cucurella, Dias, Stones, Phillips, Bernie, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Mahrez
7. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Rodri, Bernie, Gundo, Foden, Alverez, Mahrez
8. Eddy, Walker, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Phillips, Kev, Grealish, Haaland, Foden

So out of 8 games Eddy plays (8) Walker (5) Cancelo (7) Cucurella (4) Dias (7) Laporte (4) Stones (5) Rodri (6) Phillips (3) Bernie (5) Kev (6) Gundo (3) Foden (6) Haaland (7) Mahrez (5) Grealish (5) Alverez (2)

This means zero starts for Zinch, Ake or Palmer. So if we keep those players as well, we are covered for 3 injuries. In my view there is no need at all to replace Sterling. We've also got Delap, Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand and McAtee to call on in a dire injury crisis
Hahaha that's hilarious.

giphy.webp

Absolutely and might become a superstar. I’m yet to be convinced though.

We saw potential in Marlos Moreno too.

Hope he doesn't go on loan. If he stays, wouldn't be surprised if we saw more of him next season than of Palmer.

People asking for Sterling to be replaced ”because of pace”, how slow players do you think we have? Alvarez, Haaland, Foden are all quick, Mahrez too. De Bruyne, well driving the ball through midfield like a raging bull is his signature move. We won’t have a problem with pace at all on the counter and I don’t understand the argument. I’d like to see Grealish sprint a bit more but I don’t doubt he would do a decent job either.

You’d probably get huge odds on that if bookies would even offer that.

I might look into it.

Nothing at all to back it up, and it isn't even a case that I rate the player more, I don't. I just have a feeling that Pep might. And I can't really specifically say why. Just a feeling, that it wouldn't surprise me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.