It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We gonna act like grealish doesn't exist now?

Aguero hasn't really been a proper squad player since the 19/20 season.....so you could even argue that Foden wasn't even really part of the squad then

For our front three options

17/18: Aguero, Sterling, Sane, Bernardo, Jesus*(Jan signing)

18/19: Aguero, Sterling, Bernardo(RW), Mahrez, Sane, Jesus

19/20: Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, Foden*(bit part player)

20/21: Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez, Foden, Ferran, Aguero*(injured)

21/22: Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish, Ferran*(left in Jan)

22/23: Haaland, Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, Alvarez, Palmer*

We have always fluctuated between 5 or 6 players, usually 5, to operate the front three positions, which we currently have excluding Palmer

And looking at the above list maybe it was time that we refreshed the front line

Based on last season's performances, we Could well act like Grealish doesn't exist.

ok, joke.

But ultimately not included him as he is different player, different position, different reaponsibilities. Could include Bernardo Gundo and KDB if you want to as well, I was discussing forwards and wingers, not attacking midfielders. All of who were here and are still here regardless. I know Pep plays it a bit more fluid, but they are still defined players in defined roles.

The problem with people palying football manager on here (not referring to your post above btw which is a bit more concrete) and listing out formations and combinations etc, which often work btw, is they don't take into account circa 60 games over the course of the whole season and everything that comes with that.

I think Sterling needs and wil be replaced. I think we will regret it if we don't, and it will be a the same struggle we imposed on ourselves at times before, and when you invest into a team and a manager, it is a bit of a waste going with a 'make do' and completing the squad with the depth it needs. I stand by that, I'm sorry.

They will get Sterling, Ake is also defo up for it.

Will be over £100m.

Certainly think Raheem will be sooner rather than later now.

Ake is clearly a back up option but Chelsea are desperate, so can actually see him going for more than Sterling!
De ligt to Bayern would help increase ake value as well

I like Ake, and think he's a really good squad player, but don't understand how you can say he's not that easy to replace especially if we get upwards of £40mil

That Martinez from Ajax is apparently valued at £35mil, that Aguerd fella West Ham signed for £30mil, Botman who Newcastle signed for £35mil....all LCB who are valued less than Ake and all ball-playing CB....arguably all as good as Ake or at least not a massive drop in quality

Or you know...the endless youth talent we have....Harwood-Bellis is a top prospect, as is Mbete

As I said, I like Ake and tbf I'd prefer he stay....but if we get £50mil he's arguably one of the easiest players to replace in this team
Its getting a player with required quality to accept the 4th centre back role is the major hurdle. I wouldn't mind us signing Benjamin Pavard but that wouldn't be possible for a number of reasons.

Sorry but that is the trophy WE, as in Man City, want to win the most

We have 6 Prem titles in 11 years, can't see how the Champions League isn't THE trophy given its significance in European football and the honour it holds
Nah, not for me… and a sizeable number of fans are of the same opinion. PL always the priority. I still support us in it, but I would have been more upset had we not beaten Villa, than losing to Madrid. It’s just a cup competition; a big one admittedly, but a cup competition nevertheless. I guess younger supporters crave the CL, whereas older supporters (like me) prefer the PL

The club will know about this before we did. They will have a plan as always. This is about to be a window of the ages
There haven't been any strong links with incoming players accept for Cucuarella. He could be the player to replace Ake.

But ultimately not included him as he is different player, different position, different reaponsibilities. Could include Bernardo Gundo and KDB if you want to as well, I was discussing forwards and wingers, not attacking midfielders. All of who were here and are still here regardless. I know Pep plays it a bit more fluid, but they are still defined players in defined roles
Jack is a left winger who plays as a left winger for us and played his best stuff at Villa on the LW....and he will continue to do so at us untill Pep decides otherwise

Just because he's a different type of forward doesn't mean he's not a forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.