It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Do people really not understand the replacement for sterling isn't Alvarez or palmer, it's Haaland? We are moving from a team with no strikers to a team with. We will be playing different type of football. Haaland was never going to join the same system and just add another player on the pitch - other players are shifted around. There won't be a need to play wingers down the middle, they'll have their time and space to play their parts in their comfortable positions. Grealish and foden will be able to play on the right now because they aren't needed as false 9's anymore.
Well said. A front line that could include, at any point, Foden, Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez, Palmer, Mahrez, Bernardo and KDB.

Remind me again, we paid £100m for Grealish and plenty have already decided he's not a replacement for Sterling?

I think Jackie boy is about to show people who he really is with a title medal now in his pocket.
Jack is already working hard on his fitness in Greece.

Remind me again, we paid £100m for Grealish and plenty have already decided he's not a replacement for Sterling?

I think Jackie boy is about to show people who he really is with a title medal now in his pocket.
Sure, but he needs to do this. The same level of performance from last season will sadly not cut it

Difficult situation.

Palmer and Alvarez are pretty much untested at this level, no guarantee they will get to Sterling/Jesus level never mind beyond it.

That said, the only way to find out is to try it. Worst case, we dont win any trophies for a year and then we go out and buy someone. Not the end of the world is it?

At some point you have to try. There's always going to be a bit of a transition year. Silva/Foden is a great example, where Gundogan peaking meant we had a smooth transition. For a few years City without Silva was unimaginable, now it's not a second thought. The same will happen with Raheem.

We don't need Palmer to score a hat trick in the CL semi final, we need him to handle the likes of Bournemouth and Leeds. He's ready to play a part.

Highest number of expected assists from open play last season. Now he has a couple of strikers with him who can put the ball in the net. Outside prediction for me is he breaks the assists record this season.

Completely agree with this. Always backed Grealish to step up this year but really do now. I’m all up for Foden and Grealish both starting, it will cause chaos.

Highest number of expected assists from open play last season. Now he has a couple of strikers with him who can put the ball in the net. Outside prediction for me is he breaks the assists record this season.
according to this site he's had an "expected assist" value of 5 assists, 6th in city overall after KDB, foden, bernardo, cancelo and jesus

So Haaland, Alvarez and Palmer are a downgrade? Are you also ignoring the chance for Phillips to release Foden and/or KDB to play immediately behind Haaland or Alvarez too.
If you have no idea how he will adapt, how is it a huge downgrade?
Let's wait and see how much of Alvarez have you seen besides you tube?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.