It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If we get Cucurella I can’t imagine another full back. No need imo. We would have 3 top class full backs and now Ake staying, some cover.
As long as we don’t lose anyone else I don’t think the squad needs much more now.

The issue with that, is you lose one player you are fucked in two positions. Cancelo gets injured or suspended, Walker plays every game then, wears himself out. Cucurella also plays every game at LB as a consequence. Walker gets injured, Cucurella plays evert game then, as Cancelo plays every game at RB. Etc. And that's just with one. The club Could go with 3 and the flexibility, I am not debating there is logic in that, given the quality of players. But with 60 odd games to play, money to spend, 2 spare spaces in a squad, it would be irresponsible imo.

That is what we saw a lot of last season, and why we hobbled and limped over the line. Once one goes, the others have no rotation, and they are likely to go too.

The issue with that, is you lose one player you are fucked in two positions. Cancelo gets injured or suspended, Walker plays every game then, wears himself out. Cucurella also plays every game at LB as a consequence. Walker gets injured, Cucurella plays evert game then, as Cancelo plays every game at RB. Etc. And that's just with one. The club Could go with 3 and the flexibility, I am not debating there is logic in that, given the quality of players. But with 60 odd games to play, money to spend, 2 spare spaces in a squad, it would be irresponsible imo.

That is what we saw a lot of last season, and why we hobbled and limped over the line. Once one goes, the others have no rotation, and they are likely to go too.

Then what if we have miracle season where everyone is rarely getting injured and fit enough to play, what then?

It will only leads the same situation again, some player particulary that mostly get benched will be unhappy and we forced to sell him and getting his replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.