It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Pep has used kids before in his career and that went quite well you just have to think maybe we’ve never had a group good enough. Look at this window already when was the last time we were selling academy players for this much, we may finally be there.

That is kind of my point. Till we have kids ready to step into the first team, we either go with 19 player squads and hope for the best with injuries, suspension, covid and fatigue, or buy the players we need.

Pep, who in 6 seasons here has only given one youth player a chance, and a controlled gradual one at that, is suddenly going to go into potentially his last season trusting 3-5 youngsters to fill in first team roles. Yes believable. More likely he will play senior players out of position and come up with solutions with whoever is fit.

We didn't have talents like Palmer and McAtee in previous seasons, though. Maybe Pep thinks they deserve to get chances. It's a calculated risk: yes, still a risk, but probably not unreasonable. Also, there might be other academy players who could do a job if push comes to shove. Pep sees 5-6 of them in training everyday.

Pep has said, for the first time, that there are 5-6 academy players that have a chance. I hope we will see more minutes for Palmer and McAtee with Mbete, Bobb, Wilson Esbrand and a few more being given cup chances. Rico Lewis is a serious player, IMO.

Pep, who in 6 seasons here has only given one youth player a chance, and a controlled gradual one at that, is suddenly going to go into potentially his last season trusting 3-5 youngsters to fill in first team roles. Yes believable. More likely he will play senior players out of position and come up with solutions with whoever is fit.
Yeah, because there is no precedent for Guardiola using more than one youth graduate.

988F65BE-4F73-4E3F-A6C9-1F18CA6D0159.jpeg

We didn't have talents like Palmer and McAtee in previous seasons, though. Maybe Pep thinks they deserve to get chances. It's a calculated risk: yes, still a risk, but probably not unreasonable. Also, there might be other academy players who could do a job if push comes to shove. Pep sees 5-6 of them in training everyday.

No, we have always had Palmers and McAtees. And Delaps. And Bakers, Lopezes, Roberts, Dias, Rekiks and the lot we just sold and loaned out this summer.

Lets see how many games our youth players get next season. I'd rather you were right than me, obviously.

A bit of a side point that anyway, as you clearly think we have enough at the back without them. Happy to see how that plays out, till them, I maintain it is leaving us short.

I agree though it’s a big ask from going EDS to training with the first team potentially covering injuries but that’s the risk. The fact that Saints who are willing to risk on Bazunu, Lavia and potentially Delap shows to me some are at a good enough level, not like they will be playing 90 minutes every game here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.