It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Maybe not but can defend better than Cancelo. In the big games I would like to see us use Ake and Philips. Our midfield can get overrun at times and we look raggy at the back.
All these people saying this. We’re an attacking side so let’s weaken that strength to put an extra less technically able player in the team. That will be successful.

You expecting to catch many with that?
You are right, its great to start the season with only 2 senior fullbacks, its of course impossible to start negotiating with someone earlier than 1-2 weeks before the season starts. Especially since we had only sold players for 200m or so this year before we let Zinchenko leave, so we could obviously not start negotiations prior to that, we are basically skint and need to sell to be able to buy just like Leeds, Burnley, Everton and other poor clubs. Nobody could have seen the need for this coming and everything Txiki does is perfect, so suggesting he could have done one thing a bit better must mean you are a wum. It was stupid of me to even suggest we should at least have 1 senior fullback on the bench when the season starts and thinking this should be possible to sort out in only 10 weeks time. My apologies.

Yesterday was sloppy by Cancelo's standard at left back, most of the team was. I'll bet any left back in the world at that fitness disparity with Salah has a mare. Not too overly worried when he plays there if the team is fit and pressing as they should.

it's been a shit show for a long time, in the big games where were genuinely tested ( few games I admit) it's clearly a weakness the opposition target.

Agreed! City might value Cucurella at £40m but with the amount we have brought in with sales this summer if pep pushes for Cucurella with a plan then FFS offer £45m with £5m and strengthen the fucking squad in a key area! This attitude that someone can fill in a position is truly baffling to be honest and behind the scenes pep must get pissed off at times having to find solutions to basic things the management don’t help him with.

Agreed! City might value Cucurella at £40m but with the amount we have brought in with sales this summer if pep pushes for Cucurella with a plan then FFS offer £45m with £5m and strengthen the fucking squad in a key area! This attitude that someone can fill in a position is truly baffling to be honest and behind the scenes pep must get pissed off at times having to find solutions to basic things the management don’t help him with.
Ye I still do reckon we are gonna go in with a more reasonable offer for him this week just a pay up situation, when we look back at it 3 years later it could be a steal really but the difference between quality of cucu and the other targets is just that big. Unless he went on strike and made it a bad atmosphere in the changing room then I don’t see them reducing the asking price.

All these people saying this. We’re an attacking side so let’s weaken that strength to put an extra less technically able player in the team. That will be successful.
Yes and that is a valid argument. I am sure pep will get it right. The only reason I would advocate Ake over Cancelo is due to the big man up front needing time. I would rather we stay compact and hard to break down while Haaland is adjusting. Cancelo can be released at the appropriate time in games or when the new players are up to speed with the system/tactic.

Aké as an overlapping LB reminds me of Lescott running down the wing, doing a step over and backheeling it out. Not that I think Aké is bad, but other than games where we expect 80% possession, I'd rather he never plays LB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.