It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Off the back of creating the most chances by an Englishman in a CL season? Also created the second most (behind KDB) chances per 90 of any City player in the league. Definitely not a goal scorer though and probably won't play at 8, but his ball retention is ridiculous and he is creative.
Agreed on the ball retention.

I’m seeing a lot of knicker wetting over transfers not being “like for like” affairs.

Do you lot not watch us?

Pep likes to mix it up / reinvent every season.

I think we’re going to be seeing something “new” again next season to keep him entertained and every **** else guessing.
Its got nothign to do with like for like....but it is about having creativity of some sort and players who can play in a variety of positions. .......we have lots of players who can play defensively and play more in midfield as well but potentially losing bernardo and gundo means we need midfielders who are also good in the attacking phase of play......Rice isnt, Kovacic ( and I love the fact that we are signing him) isnt either.....so we do need something differernt as well......

Rice is a good replacement for phillips....i dont see the point of having both of them however especially with Stones' development

Agree with the fact that we will see something new as well but you always need that very high tecnical ability to play in a Pep team.....does Rice really have that....? We know Kovacic does

I’m seeing a lot of knicker wetting over transfers not being “like for like” affairs.

Do you lot not watch us?

Pep likes to mix it up / reinvent every season.

I think we’re going to be seeing something “new” again next season to keep him entertained and every **** else guessing.
Absolutely this
Still remember some people on here insisting we weren’t signing Haaland because ‘we play with a false 9’

You would have to do your homework on their personality. I can only think of one Italian (Ravanelli) who did anything in the Premier League outside of a London club.
How many players of Barella's ilk have moved to the Prem in the last 15-20 years? I'd say very very few, if any. Chiellini, Bonucci, Pirlo, Totti, Gattuso, Vieri, Zambrotta, Marchisio, Ambrosini are just several off the top of my head that I believe based on skill sets, pace, mentality and work rate would have been very influential in the Prem. As good as Vialli and Zola were Del Piero was better than either. There are Italian youngsters there now like Bastoni and Scalvini who would walk into almost any team in the Prem today. I think a lot of people on here, and I'm not saying you, mix up the current relative strength of Serie A with the individual qualities of the best Italian players. They are 2 entirely different things. JMO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.