It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I dunno I wouldn't hate him but going to saudi when you're in your prime says a lot imo. But of course can't even imagine how you can turn down those wages
How does it? He’s won everything there is to win in English football and has just completed the treble.

He can go there for 2-4 years and he will be able to go back to Benfica with a lot of money in they bank ( not say he won’t have that already though) but he can go back and live a happy life at the club he started at.

I dunno I wouldn't hate him but going to saudi when you're in your prime says a lot imo. But of course can't even imagine how you can turn down those wages
He's won a Ligue 1 title with Monaco and absolutely everything possible with City. He's already accomplished more than 99% of footballers ever will. All while collecting some individual accolades along the way. A very small part of me would judge him but at the end of the day, football is a business, and players should try and get as much money as they can while they're able to.

Cancelo + Laporte is no longer valued at £110m.

Cancelo has gained a worldwide reputation as an arrogant player and for demanding to start every game. If he doesn't get his way, he causes significant internal issues, going as far as attempting to harm his own teammates. £35m is what clubs will accept paying for him despite the fact his talent is worth much more.

Laporte has 2 years remaining on his contract and will soon become City's sixth choice as CB. While he is a good player, he is often unreliable, particularly in important games. City has to get rid of him this window.

Therefore, other clubs will not be willing to pay his true value, but a lower fee, probably around £30m.

City want 60m euros for Cancelo. Clubs can cite his reputation all they want, but if it's that bad, they wouldn't even contemplate paying £35m.

Laporte is £50m. We have our valuations and is the same reason Bernie hasn't moved in two years of trying.

In today's market, those valuations are relatively low for two players with winning pedigree.

The window is early.

Kinda feel like it doesnt matter how much we get from saudi re Bernardo and maybe Mahrez. If get 75 or 100 for Bernardo doesnt matter I feel like the bigger problem is who we will replace them with. Feel like the talent for our level isnt out there or isnt available, especially reg wingers.

Bernardo must have been offered 100m plus a year to go to Saudi if the interest is serious.

Plus, considering Neves went for 47m with one year left on his deal I think, City should be demanding similar money Liverpool got for Coutinho.
Bernie money could keep city afloat for the next ten seasons.

Kinda feel like it doesnt matter how much we get from saudi re Bernardo and maybe Mahrez. If get 75 or 100 for Bernardo doesnt matter I feel like the bigger problem is who we will replace them with. Feel like the talent for our level isnt out there or isnt available, especially reg wingers.
More importantly, we should buy before the clubs see us getting a stack from Saudi.

If Saudi can pay €55m for a mediocre Ruben Neves with one year left on his contract they should pay a minimum of €200m for a world class player and newly treble winner like Bernardo with two years left on his contract. Would still prefer us not selling him at all, obviously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.