It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It's not the price of him that's the problem, It's persuading his mind to leave Italy, doesn't strike me as being one to try his luck overseas, probably spend his entire career playing In Italy.
That I totally agree with. A lot of Spanish players come over and then want back. The Italians don't even do that...

No freaking wayyyyyy
That doesn’t make any sense. He wanted to move due to lifestyle and still to a top level league.

Will be hugely disappointing if he does move. Just cannot imagine him doing that.

If the Saudi league pull this off, that is a marker and it will perhaps open the door for players in their prime to move there.

Don’t do it Bernie.
To be fair, £100m a season buys you any lifestyle you want, wherever you want.

I wouldn't begrudge Bernie taking generational wealth.

Love the guy, but if we get £100m out of Saudi, it would cushion the blow.

Kinda feel like it doesnt matter how much we get from saudi re Bernardo and maybe Mahrez. If get 75 or 100 for Bernardo doesnt matter I feel like the bigger problem is who we will replace them with. Feel like the talent for our level isnt out there or isnt available, especially reg wingers.
Bernardo right now is priceless. I wouldn't want him sold even for 200m. I would sell Mahrez for 100ish due to his age, assuming we get the right replacement (e.g., Szoboszlai).

Being key for Milan is hardly a ringing endorsement. 20 points behind Napoli.

Comprehensively outplayed by Inter in the Champion's League semi-final.

A lot of money for someone who wouldn't improve us. He'd be the next Alberto Aquilani.
or the next Bruno Guimaraes...

City want 60m euros for Cancelo. Clubs can cite his reputation all they want, but if it's that bad, they wouldn't even contemplate paying £35m.

Laporte is £50m. We have our valuations and is the same reason Bernie hasn't moved in two years of trying.

In today's market, those valuations are relatively low for two players with winning pedigree.

The window is early.
What are the realistic options for Cancelo though, at any price? He'll want to play for a Champions League club, he doesn't want to stay in England, Bayern aren't interested, nobody in Italy can afford him, Real don't deal with Mendes. That leaves PSG, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid.

He's the opposite of a Simeone player, so rule Atletico out. PSG may want to cover their bases at full back with Hakimi's rape case hanging over him. Barcelona have wanted him for years but can't afford, or don't want, to pay for him.

The other factor is that unlike Laporte and Bernardo, keeping Cancelo is the opposite of desirable. We need shut of him and other clubs know it.

I just can't see any other scenario but a loan to PSG or Barca late in the window - and unless he performs exceptionally wherever he goes, we'll likely be loaning him out until his contract runs down.

To be fair, £100m a season buys you any lifestyle you want, wherever you want.

I wouldn't begrudge Bernie taking generational wealth.

Love the guy, but if we get £100m out of Saudi, it would cushion the blow.
I have no idea why I got shit on the other day for using the term 'generational wealth' as you did, Tolmie.

There's a MASSIVE difference between making 5-10 million or whatever Bernardo is on now and potentially 40M-50M or whatever he would be making over there. He would be able to provide for quite literally just as the term implies, generations of his family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.