It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

we have to improve the WAGs recruitment :)...

all you read about KSA/Bernardo is mendes/gestifute talk..personally i would sell him for £100m to KSA or keep him till 25/extent 26 (no to PSG/Barca)...i think Bernardo is still motivated enough to compete in Europe & i don`t think his wife wants to go there

I think it would be a travesty. He's in his prime, and he's one of the fiercest competitors and best professionals I've seen play for City. To see him waste his talent and passion in an exhibition league would be heartbreaking.
I wholeheartedly agree. It's his life so obviously he can do whatever he wants but he'd be going from the absolute pinnacle to obscurity at 28 years old.
This Saudi shit is starting to resemble a bad episode of Black Mirror...

What are the realistic options for Cancelo though, at any price? He'll want to play for a Champions League club, he doesn't want to stay in England, Bayern aren't interested, nobody in Italy can afford him, Real don't deal with Mendes. That leaves PSG, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid.

He's the opposite of a Simeone player, so rule Atletico out. PSG may want to cover their bases at full back with Hakimi's rape case hanging over him. Barcelona have wanted him for years but can't afford, or don't want, to pay for him.

The other factor is that unlike Laporte and Bernardo, keeping Cancelo is the opposite of desirable. We need shut of him and other clubs know it.

I just can't see any other scenario but a loan to PSG or Barca late in the window - and unless he performs exceptionally wherever he goes, we'll likely be loaning him out until his contract runs down.

Lot of presumption there, bud?

The market is being flooded by possible Saudi cash and the window has just opened.

You may well be right, but I dare say even Cancelo might take a Saudi offer at present.

Haaland see him highly. Legend of the game would be awesome if he comes would do wonders to his career. I always felt he went into management too early.

It would take a lot to step back and admit you need to learn and grow as manager.

Do you think it’s going to happen still as in is on board?

No idea mate, heard him mentioned the other day but Lillo reports suggest otherwise.

Be close to £8m a month tax free!!!

Takes him two years after tax to earn that with us...
If that’s the case for a lad who has just won everything at club level in the best league about, you can’t blame him one bit. Bar the football team he has no roots to neither Manchester or England bar city. Fair play Bernado pal, you’ve earned the right to become a king.

He's won a Ligue 1 title with Monaco and absolutely everything possible with City. He's already accomplished more than 99% of footballers ever will. All while collecting some individual accolades along the way. A very small part of me would judge him but at the end of the day, football is a business, and players should try and get as much money as they can while they're able to.
Of course I can't even imagine turning down those kind of wages- it would change his entire family's life. What I was suggesting is that at 28years old and one of the best players out there moving to the saudi league with very little challenge opens up a some critique, but £££ is the biggest pull for anyone. If the transfer was made I can't imagine the media reaction- just my opinion

It's not the price of him that's the problem, It's persuading his mind to leave Italy, doesn't strike me as being one to try his luck overseas, probably spend his entire career playing In Italy.

I’ve read he has serious attitude problems and forever falling out with team mates. If there is any truth in that then I doubt City would have any interest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.