It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I don’t get this disappointed bit, it’s life changing money and I don’t blame any player for taking it. Some players want medals and to play for top teams, but not everyone gives a shit, Bernie has won it all now and might just fancy getting rich beyond all comprehension and giving up footy in a few years.
It’d only be disappointing in the sense that we’ve heard for a few years that he wants to move closer to Lisbon for personal reasons. A move to Saudi Arabia would make a mockery of that. Not that I think he’ll go there, mind you.

I get that mate, but at the end of the day football is a job. I'll rephrase, anyone who wouldn't is very much an idealist and is no position to judge someone who would take the lucre.

For what it's worth, I don't think Bernie will go Saudi. I think he wants to settle with his wife in Paris, Barcelona or Madrid.
He has earnt a bucketful at his last two clubs and unless he has turned greedy that won't be the deciding factor for his next move.

Bernardo is hardly working in a sweatshop for minimum wage is he? This is a man who lived in a small apartment for years by choice and his main hobby is walking his Dog. You want to be more worried about the Saudis buying some shite from Barca for £100 million giving them the funds to buy him from us.
This is my thinking as well

The guy had issues adjusting to living in another part of Europe...I can't imagine all of sudden he is a globetrotter jetting off to the Kingdom

In hindsight a refresh for our squad will be good. But I cannot help but feel absolutely gutted for Ilkay and Bernie leaving the same window. These 2 have been a huge part of our identity under Pep. Borderline irreplaceable. But good luck to both and they have delivered us all they could possibly have.

If Saudis do pay us big money then we could take it. I mean why not

If that’s true it’s city or one of the Milan clubs then as I know for a fact he’s ruled out Saudi and isn’t keen on PSG.

I still see him going to Barca after they move players on for big money personally.

There’s no chance he’s going to Barcelona. Zero. Absolutely impossible they come up with the money City would want.

I’ve heard he’s already said good bye to City back room staff. I don’t think he’d go Saudi but who knows if the offer is insane. He could get them to agree to the shorter deal he wants then leave to Benfica on a free in say 2-3 years, which is what he’s always wanted. Harder to get a shorter contract with a European club as they won’t pay city’s asking price and only hand him a 3 year deal.

Pending confirmation, I am meeting Margot Robbie at Nando’s.
So vague… not only ‘pending confirmation’ but also ‘A Saudi club’??! Seems suspect to me. He’s far too good to play in Saudi. I can understand fake Ronaldo and I can understand Neves (after he was whored around all of Europe, by his agent and without any takers)… Bernardo Silva? At his peak? I don’t think so!

It’d only be disappointing in the sense that we’ve heard for a few years that he wants to move closer to Lisbon for personal reasons. A move to Saudi Arabia would make a mockery of that. Not that I think he’ll go there, mind you.

Yeah feel the same. The only thing I can think is that they'll offer an insane two year deal and then say 'go and move back to Benfica on a free after' and he might be tempted just cos he has a young family on the way and that money changes everything. Two years is not a long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.