It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

If someone offered me 2 million a week to play football, I'd go and play for them; regardless of how old I were and what I'd won.

And frankly, anyone who wouldn't is a fucking idiot in my opinion. If Bernie is offered life-changing money then I won't judge him.

Not everyone is completely driven by money.
I get that mate, but at the end of the day football is a job. I'll rephrase, anyone who wouldn't is very much an idealist and is no position to judge someone who would take the lucre.

For what it's worth, I don't think Bernie will go Saudi. I think he wants to settle with his wife in Paris, Barcelona or Madrid.

We need to make a decision on Bernardo and not let him run his contract down and leave for free at age 30 when he would still command a great fee.

cant see him signing new contract to be fair as he wants to leave since years.

who knows how flexible these Saudi contracts are, maybe they can do short term, like 1-2 year deals.

what if he goes there we get 100m fee lets say, signs a 2 year contract and then leaves for free back to europe as a free agent. Saudi club gets two years from prime Bernardo, he is still back to fight in top league in last section of his career for 3-4 years after that.

and gets the extreme hot weather he wants too and shitload of salary in two years he wouldnt earn here in 15 years maybe.

If someone offered me 2 million a week to play football, I'd go and play for them; regardless of how old I were and what I'd won.

And frankly, anyone who wouldn't is a fucking idiot in my opinion. If Bernie is offered life-changing money then I won't judge him.

Bernardo is hardly working in a sweatshop for minimum wage is he? This is a man who lived in a small apartment for years by choice and his main hobby is walking his Dog. You want to be more worried about the Saudis buying some shite from Barca for £100 million giving them the funds to buy him from us.

Saudi league does have a lot of appeal for players who’ve done it all and want the pay check to enjoy their final years. Bernardo can play there for a year or two then retire at Benfica.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.