It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Yup. I lived and worked there in the late 80's and it was pretty cosmopolitan then. The hospital where I worked had its own beach too.

I visited Riyadh once and while it was a very modern city, it was much much more strict. I hated it TBH. Jeddah was much more relaxed and I would imagine, more so now.
Your not fooling me. Every place there must have it's own beach - it's a desert ffs!

This Saudi league explosion is basically a load of rich clubs doing what FIFA and UEFA panicked about City doing back in 2008 and back then they seemed to invent new rules daily to stop us but with Saudi .............. nothing. Almost like the Qatar bid for the world cup where a blind eye was conveniently turned.
Mbappe, Messi and Neymar were getting annual salaries of $70M, $45M and $45M respectively from the SAME club. Why didn't FIFA and UEFA stop that?

This Saudi league explosion is basically a load of rich clubs doing what FIFA and UEFA panicked about City doing back in 2008 and back then they seemed to invent new rules daily to stop us but with Saudi .............. nothing. Almost like the Qatar bid for the world cup where a blind eye was conveniently turned.
What can they do? The Saudi’s will just throw huge sums at it on an even bigger scale and poach all the top players, form their own organisation and close shop. UEFA/FIFA can’t do shit and they know it. Wait for them to announce their own version of the CL or World Cup and offer huge amounts of prize money.

Let Newcastle start winning. Won't take long after that. We might even be in the mix of complainers at that point.

What can they do? The Saudi’s will just throw huge sums at it on an even bigger scale and poach all the top players, form their own organisation and close shop. UEFA/FIFA can’t do shit and they know it. Wait for them to announce their own version of the CL or World Cup and offer huge amounts of prize money.

I think Saudi should do what you suggested, making their own club world cup competition that will be held in Saudi with huge amount of money as prize winning the tourney.

I know it will just like another friendly tournament and adding bloated match schedule into calender football year but with huge stakes like huge amount of money being involved i think it will draw alot of attention with many top club participating entering it wanting to win the prize.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.