It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

With how aggressive they are investing in boxing, golf, even the wwe and the fact more and more players will be going out there I fully expect Saudi to be a top 3 league within the next 5 years. I think the football landscape will change dramatically.

Football will go where the money is and frankly Saudi have more than anybody else. It’s going to be a problem for the premier league imo
I don’t think they can build out a league that fast. One of the things they got working against them is people being willing to live in Saudi Arabia. There really isn’t a single noteworthy City in the country. They don’t have a modern City like Dubai. Their golf business is all in the west, so it doesn’t change anything from a quality of life perceptive.

The problem with Saudi Arabia is that they don't have the academies like in Europe and England, and won't be able to easily have supporting role players like the other leagues. There will be a limit to how much money they can splash into clubs in their own country, as well, because you're talking about a relatively low population country that doesn't support football like Europe, so the income from this will be much lower. I'm assuming money deals for television would be pretty low, because who wants to watch the Saudi league? Even with Ronaldo? I don't see this being anything above a novelty, tbh.

I don’t think they can build out a league that fast. One of the things they got working against them is people being willing to live in Saudi Arabia. There really isn’t a single noteworthy City in the country. They don’t have a modern City like Dubai. Their golf business is all in the west, so it doesn’t change anything from a quality of life perceptive.

I think you’ll find Jeddah is very cosmopolitan, beach clubs & marina. Any players that have played their recently have absolutely loved it as have their families.

With how aggressive they are investing in boxing, golf, even the wwe and the fact more and more players will be going out there I fully expect Saudi to be a top 3 league within the next 5 years. I think the football landscape will change dramatically.

Football will go where the money is and frankly Saudi have more than anybody else. It’s going to be a problem for the premier league imo

Lots of footy players come from poor countries and go where it makes money. Easy choice for them to head off to Saudi Arabia. Like I would not be surprised if Ederson goes there if the money comes calling.

For Europeans and North American citizens who like to have a certain lifestyle that they like along with freedoms.. it'll be a bit harder.

But there are still enough people willing to trade a few years of their life for the rest of their lives.. look at Architects, Engineers, other professions building their cities.

I think my wife used to watch a youtube channel called MJxoxo - a german flight attendant that worked in Dubai.. basically a channel about accepting they can't date as openly, and they have hidden expenses where they get overcharged, but money does talk and they put up with it as its more money than back home.

Last edited:
All it takes is for them to get a couple of agents (such as mendes) who is happy to negotiate with Saudi clubs and offer them his players. In regards to living conditions I have relatives who work out there and it really isn’t anywhere near as bad as the media would have you believe. It’s incredibly safe and most footballers favourite destination dubai is less than 2 hours away via plane.

off the top of my head next season they could have:
mendy
bernardo
benzema
ronaldo
neves
koulibially
ziyech
kante

Other than La liga and the prem im not sure another league could boast the same amount of marketable players. They are mostly past their best but they are well known commodities amongst casual fans which will being more eyes to their product.

it will be a ripple effect Imo with more players keen to join assuming these players speak highly of the league and their experience. Add in the absolute crazy wage offers and the ambition of the league then I don’t see how it can be stopped.

Last edited:
Lots of footy players come from poor countries and go where it makes money. They'll be easily heading off to Saudi Arabia if the money comes calling. Like I would not be surprised if Ederson goes there if the money comes calling.

For Europeans and North American citizens who like to have a certain lifestyle that they like along with freedoms.. it'll be a bit harder.

But there are still enough people willing to trade a few years of their life for the rest of their lives.. look at Architects, Engineers, other professions building their cities.

I think my wife used to watch a youtube channel called Maryjoxoxo - a german flight attendant that worked in Dubai.. and it was basically a channel about acknowleding they can't date as openly as they want, and they have hidden expenses where they get overcharged, but money does talk and they put up with it for a few years as its more money than back home.
You know the rules ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.