It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The rags almost had a 75m bid accepted by barca last summer before De Jong said no... Wonder if the same fee is relevant.

Well they're desperate to get out from under his salary so they'll even do 75mil + cancelo since it cancels out his salary and our headache.

If there's one summer when we can perhaps have a clear out, it's this one?

Coming off the back of a Treble, a World Club Cup and Super Cup on the horizon, City might not be too fearful of a small downturn that doesn't see us win the Prem?

One step back to go again for the next five years at the very top?

Our core squad will be still knocking at the door and I would still make us favourites for the title and Champions League.
While I see what you are saying it would fly in the face of everything Khaldoon has said.....i cant imagine players like KDB, Haaland or any of them being happy with that either....and neither Pep

Here's my take on where we are, assuming
1. We sign Rice, Gvardiol and Kovacic
2. Keep Phillips and Gomes
3. Bring in McAtee and Bobb
4. Loan out Perrone and Palmer (unless Mahrez and Bernardo go and we can't get someone else in)
1687813363770.png
Obviously this is just the insanity we go through every summer speaking but I just wanted to lay it out to see. There isn't really such a thing as a first and second 11 but just for the sake of simplicity if there was then we'd have 2 decent sides if Mahrez and Bernardo stay. If they go then our first team untouched but our 2nd team is quite weaker...Doh!

(I put KDB in the second team only because he'll be missing at the start of the season)

(Also I have Phillips staying because I actually think the squad allows it for when we have games left, right and center. But then again I'm a nutcase so would be keeping Laporte too.)

(Also by not mentioning any other big signing I'm hoping that FATE can't resist the opportunity of making me look stupid (as usual) when tomorrow we sign someone out of this world. Go on FATE you asshole! I know you want to! Dick!)

Forget everything I've said cos there's only 10 in my lineups FFS. I'm worse at this than Phillips is in midfield.

Last edited:
City likely won't buy Caicedo.. we tend to stay away from one season flash in the pan wonders if the last 10 years is anything to go by. 2 good seasons is generally a minimum for City to go after someone.
Maybe but at least Caicedo is proving himself in the best league in the world. Don't get all the hype over De Jong. 4 assists and 2 goals in La Liga is piss poor return.
Play Phil centrally all season and he'd be far more influential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.