It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I know he wants to leave and all, but if anything, for me, it suggests Phillips is off. If Bernardo is off, we would be linked with a RW, surely?

I'm not sure tbh. All I'm thinking is that two high quality CMs are likely to leave and it makes sense to replace them like for like. If Rice comes then I'm not sure (personnel wise) Phillips staying or going will have much impact.

But yeah I think a right winger will depend on Mahrez. If him and Bernardo go then that leaves us with just Phil.

There'll be a tactical evolution to a double pivot. Or, Rodri will become a latter day Yaya.
4 CB +. x2 CDM's giving a cover of 6 at the back pushed on two lines, on defense. Rice is a lot faster than Rodri on transition.

On offence in Imagine 2 CB's at the back, the two CDM's directing play, with the two loose CB's ( Stones as example ) in free roam to create overloads where required; + a mobile front 3 which can all play as a 10 and on the Wing ( Jack, Kevin, Phil, Kova, Bernardo if he stays ) and up top Erling/Julian.

If you can visualise this, it's an evolution of last year. Another unseen formation and tactical approach.

There'll be a tactical evolution to a double pivot. Or, Rodri will become a latter day Yaya.
I think we could be moving towards a 3-4-3 diamond shape instead of the 3-box-3. It would make full use of everyone’s strengths, especially Declan rice’s.

Walker/Akanji. Dias/Stones. Ake/gvardiol

Rodri/Rice

Rice/Stones. kovacic/Silva

KDB/Foden

Mahrez/Silva. Haaland/Alvarez

Grealish/Foden

A full metamorphosis into pure cruyffian football by Pep

People talking down Rice, he’s prob more advanced as a player than Rodri was before he joined us and I’ll bet he’d have a better impact than Rodri had in his first year. I’m sure Pep can get him to the next step

I think Rice is a decent player but I just dont get why we are signing him and Kovacic neither of whom so far in their careers have been particularly creative or goal scoreres from midfield...we have just lost Gundo who was decent in both those areas and we will probably lose Bernardo who again at least carries an attacking threat.....We will also lose Mahrez and while Ive never been a fan of his he has an attacking threat.....yet neither Rice nor Kovacic (both players I do rate) possess. this.....

I can only guess that Pep is either thinking that he can convert one of them into a more attacking midfielder or that we are going to promote McAtee (who looks a real good prospect - potentially foden levels if he can take that step)

There are no whispers or links to anyone else so it seems there is zero chance of any other transfers that the ones we know about (Gvardiol, Rice, Kovacic)

We also must remain careful about not having a bloated squad where players wont get games but are just sat on big contracts and happy to do so (Kalvin Phillips) - if Rice does come along with Kovacic we just need to bite the bullet and shift him out
Gundo never scored more than 6 in a season until 2020.

Pep will mould them into the players he needs them to be.

4 CB +. x2 CDM's giving a cover of 6 at the back pushed on two lines, on defense. Rice is a lot faster than Rodri on transition.

On offence in Imagine 2 CB's at the back, the two CDM's directing play, with the two loose CB's ( Stones as example ) in free roam to create overloads where required; + a mobile front 3 which can all play as a 10 and on the Wing ( Jack, Kevin, Phil, Kova, Bernardo if he stays ) and up top Erling/Julian.

If you can visualise this, it's an evolution of last year. Another unseen formation and tactical approach.

Would be so difficult to defend against because an attack can spring from anywhere across the back. It's a bit like the False 9 concept in reverse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.