It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Sullivan would prefer to not sell to Arsenal either i would imagine?
I don’t think he particularly cares. He just wants the most money. The wording in ornstein tweet which is clearly straight from West Ham isn’t exactly going to go down well at city,

”unimpressed” “quickly rejected” I’m sure city won’t like their business being so public

I Think this bid is to flush out Arsenal to test their resolve

They now know their next bid has to be accepted , all the while knowing that we must have boxed off Rice and his agent in the meantime

So they could bid the £100m asking price and still not land him , which would be very embarrassing

if they don’t come back with a bid we close this at £90m + £10m addons

don’t be surprised to see Phillips going the other way later in the summer for around £40m

I know Pep wants him and vice versa, probably, but can you actually make sense of this transfer in terms of our needs?

There'll be a tactical evolution to a double pivot. Or, Rodri will become a latter day Yaya.

I think Rice is a decent player but I just dont get why we are signing him and Kovacic neither of whom so far in their careers have been particularly creative or goal scoreres from midfield...we have just lost Gundo who was decent in both those areas and we will probably lose Bernardo who again at least carries an attacking threat.....We will also lose Mahrez and while Ive never been a fan of his he has an attacking threat.....yet neither Rice nor Kovacic (both players I do rate) possess. this.....

I can only guess that Pep is either thinking that he can convert one of them into a more attacking midfielder or that we are going to promote McAtee (who looks a real good prospect - potentially foden levels if he can take that step)

There are no whispers or links to anyone else so it seems there is zero chance of any other transfers that the ones we know about (Gvardiol, Rice, Kovacic)

We also must remain careful about not having a bloated squad where players wont get games but are just sat on big contracts and happy to do so (Kalvin Phillips) - if Rice does come along with Kovacic we just need to bite the bullet and shift him out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.