It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Who we go for now after we pulled out the rice deal
What? What have I missed? Or is this to do with Arsenal offering 100m+? Yeah, I would rather focus on a few different players. Pep mentioned Rice, but I am sure he did not have 100m+ money in mind. There are several players out there who would be arguably better matched to our needs, a few other posters already pointed them out.

I don’t think we’re going to move for anyone else after Rice. There isn’t much out there to warrant a big spend. We’ll do what we did when we missed out on Jorginho, Kane and Maguire and wait a year and see where things are.

Unless the likes of Bernardo, Mahrez or Phillips leave I think it will be only be Gvardiol and Kovacic in. Only because there’s almost no chatter out there linking us with anyone else.

I think it will be a huge mistake not to add to our midfield (similar to summers 2012 and 2014) as we have lost a lot of goals with Gundogan’s departure. We’ve also lost his creativity which coupled with KDB’s injury and Mahrez’s inconsistency means we are in danger of cutting off Haaland’s supply.

I think if Gvardiol and Kovacic are the only new additions we’ll concede less but score less next season.

I don't think we sign another midfielder now. I think the club will be happy with Kovacic and Gvardiol to replace Gundo and Laporte. The only way this changes is whether Bernardo leaves.

Letting MacAllister go to Liverpool for £40-£45m is looking crazier and crazier as the weeks go on. Would have been perfect for us.

I don’t think we’re going to move for anyone else after Rice. There isn’t much out there to warrant a big spend. We’ll do what we did when we missed out on Jorginho, Kane and Maguire and wait a year and see where things are.

Unless the likes of Bernardo, Mahrez or Phillips leave I think it will be only be Gvardiol and Kovacic in. Only because there’s almost no chatter out there linking us with anyone else.

I think it will be a huge mistake not to add to our midfield (similar to summers 2012 and 2014) as we have lost a lot of goals with Gundogan’s departure. We’ve also lost his creativity which coupled with KDB’s injury and Mahrez’s inconsistency means we are in danger of cutting off Haaland’s supply.

I think if Gvardiol and Kovacic are the only new additions we’ll concede less but score less next season.

The only footnote I'd add here is that Phil Foden and Julian Alvarez played relatively bit parts last season and are both incredible footballers capable of adding more.

If Arsenal get Rice it's smart for them as that's a problem position for them, but City do still have the strongest squad in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.