It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Frenkie De Jong is just the obvious signing staring at us in the face. A much better fit than Rice too in my opinion.

We have multiple players that Barca would take and we would happily sell (Bernardo, Cancelo, Laporte).

It baffles me we haven't been linked to be honest - we were allegedly very close before, we've since won the treble and Pep is a dream manager for midfielders. Barca have no money and a big sale would help them. Throw them a player and a bit of cash and get it done.

Maybe we've had a flat out no from him in private, but if there's any way we could do a deal for FDJ, it's just such an obvious solution if the club feel like we need another midfielder.
He's repeatedly said he doesn't wanna leave barca, despite them trying to flog him all over the place

Not quite the same player mate and it seems the Pep felt he could make Rice a more box to box midfielder?
I just think Caicedo has more about him than Rice. He has stood out in a side that plays good football. He is comfortable on the ball and works his balls off to boot. If we were interested (unlikely) I would far happier than us spunking £100m on Rice.

I’ve said nothing about the Rice transfer over the past few weeks because I would have only been met with the usual “well Pep likes him and blah blah blah”. Of course this would have been true but it wouldn’t have changed my opinion that Rice is an extremely limited, and vastly overrated midfielder. Never once have I watched him and thought ‘oh this kid is something special’.

Obviously, he could have come here and Pep turned him into a beast, but based purely on what we currently know, I am feeling really comfortable about us not signing him.

I think if your club is willing to spend £100m on a player, the vast majority of the fanbase should be delighted when you get him, or as in this case, gutted when you don’t. I don’t think many will lose too much sleep over this.

I think people forget that this year we probably have Perrone and Mcatee coming into first team squad and if not Bernardo or Mahrez leaves hard to see us buying for the sake of it
Perrone was reportedly going to Girona probably. Bobb and McAtee coming in though

I just think Caicedo has more about him than Rice. He has stood out in a side that plays good football. He is comfortable on the ball and works his balls off to boot. If we were interested (unlikely) I would far happier than us spunking £100m on Rice.

I’ve said nothing about the Rice transfer over the past few weeks because I would have only been met with the usual “well Pep likes him and blah blah blah”. Of course this would have been true but it wouldn’t have changed my opinion that Rice is an extremely limited, and vastly overrated midfielder. Never once have I watched him and thought ‘oh this kid is something special’.

Obviously, he could have come here and Pep turned him into a beast, but based purely on what we currently know, I am feeling really comfortable about us not signing him.

I think if your club is willing to spend £100m on a player, the vast majority of the fanbase should be delighted when you get him, or as in this case, gutted when you don’t. I don’t think many will lose too much sleep over this.

Caceido will be 120m according Brighton.

I think a big hint came from how unimpressive and authoritative our first bid was. You just knew based on recent history City weren’t gonna go tic for tac in bidding war.

Caicedo is probably worth whatever Brighton are quoting him for. Rice is not worth £105m. That’s quite simple. He’s quite simply not that level of a player and he doesn’t suit us either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.