It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Can't see him doing it, it's a hard system to balance while maintaining numerical superiority in the middle of the park in possession (Guardiola's holy grail) as your fullbacks have to stay wide, your attacking mids can't drift too deep without isolating the strikers (might work with a Felix/Messi/Kane type SS but we don't have one) and it's difficult for the defenders and holding mids to link up with the front 6 in possession without leaving the team wide open to the counter, as we frequently were when Yaya joined attacks. There's a reason we used to bring on an extra CB when we wanted to push Yaya forward.

True.

It's just Rodri won't be dropped, Rice would command a high fee and wouldn't come just to sit on the bench while we wouldn't pay that to have him sat there either. Unless the club have seen something in him that make them think he can be an 8 (which I personally think he could be)?

All hypothetical obviously but his name is constantly cropping up. Whether it's just to make Chelsea panic and pay up, who knows.

True.

It's just Rodri won't be dropped, Rice would command a high fee and wouldn't come just to sit on the bench while we wouldn't pay that to have him sat there either. Unless the club have seen something in him that make them think he can be an 8 (which I personally think he could be)?

All hypothetical obviously but his name is constantly cropping up. Whether it's just to make Chelsea panic and pay up, who knows.
Rice can play at eight but I'd question whether he can play it to our standard and there's definitely better options out there (probably cheaper ones too)

Not sure the last one is. We are still in the box seat for the other three.

Way I see it with Bellingham (I maybe wrong often am), is that he’s willing to go to City or Liverpool but as long as we’re at the table Liverpool can’t afford him. Their only hope is that Bellingham says he wants Liverpool no one else so they can start getting to work on the fee with Dortmund. If we’re at the table we’ll pay a fee that Liverpool won’t.

Hence all the pushing and begging Bellingham to Liverpool, it’s a desperate ploy to get him to commit to Liverpool.

I said it elsewhere, but we have to find a way to make KDB less essential for the team. The evidence is that he can no longer reproduce the exquisite quality he can if he is asked to play game in, and game out, two or three times a week. He is a star, a player of genuine world class, but he is human, 31, and has been playing top-drawer professional football and international football, relentlessly, for a decade, and it takes its toll. He is 32 in 3 months. If we can rotate him more, he could have three more years with us, playing as he can. His skillset, like Yaya's, is probably irreplaceable by one player, so we replace it with a combination of skills from others, just as we did back then. The drive and dynamism he has is not the toughest thing, it is his passing through the lines in the attacking areas that is hardest to replace, IMO.
Ive been saying it for 18 months.....only to receive much abuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.