It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

To play Devil's advocate if we lined up today like this:
Ederson
Akanji/Walker Dias Ake
Stones Rodri
Bernardo KDB
Foden Haaland Grealish
who the fuck can put out a better eleven? Who would you back to beat us?
Mahrez, Alvarez, Kovacic, Phillips, Walker/Akanji, Ortega, Lewis, and Laporte (for now) in reserve. Never mind they are managed by the best manager in the game, maybe ever.

I'm all for strengthening the squad but it's not easy when you're already the best by some distance. Add Gvardiol to this squad and it's even more imposing.
I can't believe how little respect this crew is receiving. This a LEGENDARY squad that's done legendary things and all the flappers are out in full force predicting doom and gloom because, with all due respect to him, Gundo left.

Some on here really need to get a grip. Stop taking what we have for granted. There are 97 other squads in the "top 5" leagues of Europe who would kill for what we have.

And just so no one comes away from what I'm saying with a who are you to lecture anyone I'm willing to bet anyone any amount they want that we will win the league again. Just DM me and we can work out the logistics. How's that? Fair enough?
I’m not disagreeing with you that the side is immense. That doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s impossibly hard for virtually the same side to do what they just did. Not even the treble. Winning the league three years in a row. Winning the league at all. This season was even more demanding due to the cup and UCL. mentally and physically is my argument that they need a refresh.

I’m not shitting on the side they’re elite players and they deserve all the praise they get.

That said if kovacic is the only incoming then I’ll happily bet they do not win the league. Not because I want to or don’t want them to obviously. But because others will be much stronger and it shouldn’t be understated how emotionally and physically exhausting this season was for city. Now is not the time to rest of laurels.

My point, exactly. Gvardiol's price just went up by some margin, IMO. Why sell Gvardiol if they can sell him for 97m quid (release clause) next summer?

Think that remains to be seen - not sure it would benefit Leipzig to act like that and Gvardiol seemingly wants the move. Hopefully we aren't at a big impasse and can sign him up sharply

I’m not disagreeing with you that the side is immense. That doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s impossibly hard for virtually the same side to do what they just did. Not even the treble. Winning the league three years in a row. Winning the league at all. This season was even more demanding due to the cup and UCL. mentally and physically is my argument that they need a refresh.

I’m not shitting on the side they’re elite players and they deserve all the praise they get.

That said if kovacic is the only incoming then I’ll happily bet they do not win the league. Not because I want to or don’t want them to obviously. But because others will be much stronger and it shouldn’t be understated how emotionally and physically exhausting this season was for city. Now is not the time to rest of laurels.

Both great posts and very good arguments.

I personally would like to see 3 incoming to add some new energy and hunger. I reckon the desperation of not having done it before is impossible to replicate. That said, it could also come from returning loanees.

United only signed Veron, a vanity signing, after winning the treble and they faltered the next season.

Ultimately though I trust the exec's decisions on whether to stick or twist depending on who's available; God knows they've earned it.

Unbelievable how stressed people are. Bar Gundogan this is a team that completed the treble not even 3 weeks ago in case you have forgotten.

If you are not going to enjoy this summer as treble-winners, you probably never will.

Calm the fuck down and enjoy everything we have achieved instead. It doesn’t get much better than this anyway.

Unbelievable how stressed people are. Bar Gundogan this is a team that completed the treble not even 3 weeks ago in case you have forgotten.

If you are not going to enjoy this summer as treble-winners, you probably never will.

Calm the fuck down and enjoy everything we have achieved instead. It doesn’t get much better than this anyway.
This thread is the same every single season, no matter the success. It is just reflective of society: optimists, pessimists, positive, negative, neurotic, stoic...

Yeah its great but should we rest on our laurels ? A refresh is vital new goals new hunger ... teams like Madrid serial winners enjoy it and go again and again this isn't weve reached our peak lets sail off into sunset. Lets go again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.