It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Not remotely panicking and those who are need to get a grip. We get this every single window where other sides spend spend spend trying to catch us up… City quietly do their business when they’re ready and win trophies.

I’ll trust City and those running the show.

This just might help a few on here;
* We cannot sign every good player that becomes available
* Other teams will sign good players
* We will lose the occasional game.
* We may not win the treble next year

But
* We still have the best team in Europe
* We are treble holders
* We have Pep
* We have Sheik Mansour.

Feel better ?

Why would you want to pay 98m pounds next season, and deal with an unhappy player in the squad, when he’s (likely) available for 85ish right now?

I think it is fantasy he is available this year for less than his release clause next year.

But I agree, if they are going to pay the amount might as well make it this year, a lit can change in a year and there's nothing to be saved or gained. I'm sure the club know that though.

I’m not disagreeing with you that the side is immense. That doesn’t take away from the fact that it’s impossibly hard for virtually the same side to do what they just did. Not even the treble. Winning the league three years in a row. Winning the league at all. This season was even more demanding due to the cup and UCL. mentally and physically is my argument that they need a refresh.

I’m not shitting on the side they’re elite players and they deserve all the praise they get.

That said if kovacic is the only incoming then I’ll happily bet they do not win the league. Not because I want to or don’t want them to obviously. But because others will be much stronger and it shouldn’t be understated how emotionally and physically exhausting this season was for city. Now is not the time to rest of laurels.
If we land Gvardiol as expected that's an immense add. I don't think Haaland will slow down one bit. Foden will be hungry as much of his season was in fits and starts due to health issues. Alvarez should be chomping at the bit. Can't see Grealish easing off now that he's settled in. My biggest concern is Rodri being overplayed and KDB breaking down. For better or worse Phillips will have to come good. I think Foden moving inside, Bernardo staying, and adding Kovacic, we'll be fine at the 8. But I do think we're light wide up top. It would be great if Palmer could make a leap forward and stayed. It would also be a big boost if Alvarez could play some out wide.

That being said I can't see anyone outpacing us over 38 games. My only concern is Liverpool, having added Szoboszlai and Mac Allister. Plus they've won before and Klopp knows what it takes. Arsenal don't have anywhere near enough goals in that squad and if Xhaka and Partey go they will suffer defensively, Rice or no Rice. United and Chelsea are miles off us and Newcastle still a bit short of competing with us over 38 games. JMO and I have a great belief that Pep and this squad are still the creme of the Prem until proven otherwise.

Also, my post was not directed at you personally. I think too many of our own are shortchanging this squad and just how remarkable they have been. I'm sure we'll do what's necessary between now and the end of the window to ensure we remain the standard : )

Unbelievable how stressed people are. Bar Gundogan this is a team that completed the treble not even 3 weeks ago in case you have forgotten.

If you are not going to enjoy this summer as treble-winners, you probably never will.

Calm the fuck down and enjoy everything we have achieved instead. It doesn’t get much better than this anyway.
I have enjoyed the summer. I enjoyed our CL win more than anything else in the world. But, much like the players and Pep, I want to go again. And we can ill-afford to rest on our laurels. Fergie always reset immediately after each trophy win. We shouldn't be standing still. In fact, as it stands, I would say the squad composition has slightly regressed.

Would absolutely love to return to this thread when we win the title again next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.