It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We wouldn't have stood a chance if The Viking had no release clause. It shouldn't be like that given our current stature.

Txixi relying too much on Pep to do his magic for the team. He will gladly missing generational talent like Haaland if he have no release clause back then knowing that Pep will save our season again with the players he have regardless whether our club achieving transfer target or not.

Ofcourse it will always works well as long Pep still our manager but what if he doesn't. I dread what our management and transfer policy will be in the future if they didn't have Pep saving our collective ass times and times again

fucking flapping on here, its the same people cluttering up this thread with flapping, they will be along in a minute telling me they are allowed their opinion, of course you are dears , but not over and over and over again, get it paid, why are we fucking about, gonna miss out on peps 3 top players,we only sign players on release clauses ,then they'll post some twat off twitter and start flapping about that.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Well said SPF
Some people need a flapectomy

I don't know if this source is reliable, but are we pissing around with the fee AGAIN...
We have been aware of his valuation for months now. It is around 85m quid in a market where Rice just went for 105m. I hope we don't drop the ball here...

The problem here is that if we start easing up, and start paying what we're asked, then we'll get this deal done quickly, BUT it'll cost us much more in the long run.

Clubs must know we're willing to walk away, that we pay what we think a player is worth, and players will know that we pay good wages, but won't go crazy because we know we can be successful and prudent.

What if being that little bit softer, costs us £5-10m on every transfer, and £5-10m on every wage, and blows our entire transfer strategy?

It's a bit like treating a toddler to sweets at the supermarket checkout - they are never a "treat", they're always the new "baseline", and they're expected every time. The club's reputation for being firm has likely saved us hundreds of millions over the time the current leadership team has been in place.

The problem here is that if we start easing up, and start paying what we're asked, then we'll get this deal done quickly, BUT it'll cost us much more in the long run.

Clubs must know we're willing to walk away, that we pay what we think a player is worth, and players will know that we pay good wages, but won't go crazy because we know we can be successful and prudent.

What if being that little bit softer, costs us £5-10m on every transfer, and £5-10m on every wage, and blows our entire transfer strategy?

It's a bit like treating a toddler to sweets at the supermarket checkout - they are never a "treat", they're always the new "baseline", and they're expected every time. The club's reputation for being firm has likely saved us hundreds of millions over the time the current leadership team has been in place.
I understand, and fully agree, but we have been doing it for years. By now, everyone knows we could walk. However, for me, sometimes you just have to pay the required fee. Otherwise, we could struggle in the future, especially once Pep is gone. People can say how well we have fared with our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice signings, but it can only last so long. We won't be able to compete in the long run with the best if we are not willing to pay for the best. I believe Gvardiol represents that, the best out there. We can play hardball with secondary targets. However, occasionally, the money is really worth paying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.