It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He doesn't want to go now. So it's a tricky decision.

I think he would be happy to wait and see his contract out and go then but will thhe same sort of money be on offer?

Assume he would be a bit of a draw in Saudi (despite being French).
Now or never, a player at his stage of his career can't turn down offers like that, good luck to him, we have seen the best of him anyway in our shirt.

The problem here is that if we start easing up, and start paying what we're asked, then we'll get this deal done quickly, BUT it'll cost us much more in the long run.

Clubs must know we're willing to walk away, that we pay what we think a player is worth, and players will know that we pay good wages, but won't go crazy because we know we can be successful and prudent.

What if being that little bit softer, costs us £5-10m on every transfer, and £5-10m on every wage, and blows our entire transfer strategy?

It's a bit like treating a toddler to sweets at the supermarket checkout - they are never a "treat", they're always the new "baseline", and they're expected every time. The club's reputation for being firm has likely saved us hundreds of millions over the time the current leadership team has been in place.
Exactly! They won’t take piss out of us like with united being treated in market it’s different.

Anyone who seriously want to do business will not mess about and will learn something from the rice situation.

Liverpool aren't messing around this offseason. I can see them pushing us again next year.
Same, next season is unknown for us never played in club World Cup and super cup competition. The fixture pile up in December will give rivals good opportunity if we don’t turn up mentally. Injuries won’t derail our season but hunger above all things. I want us to retain the league 4 peat is just special and champions league. Let’s be first for this I think it’s worth something!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.