It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Preferred option for next season?
We can’t be keeping Alvarez on the bench as much as he has this season. We should try a 3-5-2 as we tried in the early years of pep I remember playing it against Brighton and a few more teams up until mendy got injured but if we had chilwell in there he would suit it perfectly.

Players want to play in Spain good weather and past glory. Barca is pretty much finished so Madrid is the big pull for players towards the end of their careers
And if you're at RM you are pretty much guaranteed a medal of some sort every season and you can reckon that you won't need to scrap for every ball against teams below the top six as you do in the Premier League. "Who's next, Elche? Cadiz?"" is a more relaxing prospect than "Everton, Crystal Palace."

Why does everyone believe that all players will be off to Madrid in 5 years? If that was the case, Madrid would be stacked?
No, only our star players. Just look at all the top City guys who have left us for Real in the past decade plus...

It's clear as anything that Romeo Lavia should've been kept around this season and it would've saved the money we're likely to lose on Phillips and the 40mil of activating Lavia's buy-back. Plus he'd likely have seen more game time and put in better performances.

I'd say Phillips' city career has easily been the most underwhelming of all the first team signings. At first you're thinking 45mil for a player who will give Rodri rest playing at 6 and maybe even do a stint in 8 very occasionally and should hopefully within the season get to grips with the system. If you couldn't stream citys recent FA cup games you'd potentially forget he was even part of the squad.

I'm aware Phillips can't choose to play himself and part of it lies with Guardiola, city's current position and form meaning we dont want to rest Rodri who's been arguably our best player this season. But we look elsewhere at players who arguably didnt set the world alight for us in their first season... rodri himself, sane, mahrez. They all had more of an impact in their first season and actually benefitted from the playing time in important games to help adjust Even NOLITO had more of an impact in his first season than Phillips has had. A man most forget pep signed due to his insignificance that season.

By hardly seeing anything all season and hearing/reading relevant reports, I think it says enough, leeway would be given if he was 20-23 years old like some of the others mentioned and had to move across the world but my guy could get away without moving house after the transfer ffs, just disappointing.

It's clear as anything that Romeo Lavia should've been kept around this season and it would've saved the money we're likely to lose on Phillips and the 40mil of activating Lavia's buy-back. Plus he'd likely have seen more game time and put in better performances.

I'd say Phillips' city career has easily been the most underwhelming of all the first team signings. At first you're thinking 45mil for a player who will give Rodri rest playing at 6 and maybe even do a stint in 8 very occasionally and should hopefully within the season get to grips with the system. If you couldn't stream citys recent FA cup games you'd potentially forget he was even part of the squad.

I'm aware Phillips can't choose to play himself and part of it lies with Guardiola, city's current position and form meaning we dont want to rest Rodri who's been arguably our best player this season. But we look elsewhere at players who arguably didnt set the world alight for us in their first season... rodri himself, sane, mahrez. They all had more of an impact in their first season and actually benefitted from the playing time in important games to help adjust Even NOLITO had more of an impact in his first season than Phillips has had. A man most forget pep signed due to his insignificance that season.

By hardly seeing anything all season and hearing/reading relevant reports, I think it says enough, leeway would be given if he was 20-23 years old like some of the others mentioned and had to move across the world but my guy could get away without moving house after the transfer ffs, just disappointing.
The issue with lavia is he wouldn't have been able to develop the way he has if he had stayed as he would have been back up and limited minutes sometimes for the benefit of the player it's needed that he moved on. I don't personally think kalvin was a waste I do think he's been an underwelming signing however there are mitigating circumstances there with the timing of the injury and then the world cup. He's essentially back in August in a time when we can't afford to be switching it up too much. It hasn't helped him neither that we haven't been winning games comfortably so he can get mins.

No one ever take into account what Lavia wanted!?

Your first paragraph is just pure bollocks as it's all ifs, buts & maybes.

He's been here (in effect) half a season, surely he has to be given a pass so far?

No one ever take into account what Lavia wanted!?
I'm glad he's getting games and played well, but if the rumours are true that chelsea & the rags want him, we should do all we can to bring him back.

The lad is still young so i doubt they'd guarantee he'll be playing every game, but with his talent you'd think he'd be able to get plenty of minutes with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.