It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

;-) I wish we would sort our incomings before the outgoings though mate? We get ourselves in stum at times when we let players go before sorting our business first imo.
No, some fans get themselves in stum (whatever that is), the club will be very happy with proceedings I'd have imagined.

;-) I wish we would sort our incomings before the outgoings though mate? We get ourselves in stum at times when we let players go before sorting our business first imo.

Yeah we don’t do a chelsea bring in 2 teams then sell we sell them bring players in! I’d expect next week our two will see a lot movement ins outs..

Think his contracts up next summer we might get 5/10m for him plus we will add a sell on as always
Sell on’s I think are a no brainier, it’s buy-backs I never get, I know you didn’t mention but-backs it just made me think.
If I was a player and a club sold me because they didn’t think I was good enough, I’d not be returning down the line. I’d be of the mindset they didn’t want to take a chance back then so their loss. Similar to how we all react when a player who has snubbed us is linked again down the line.
This lad should be loaned out and it made clear we have no intention of selling him. We should then be doing all we can to get him to sign a new contract with a nice buy out in it.
Personally i think he should get a bit of play time in the first team this year, maybe cup games etc.

Sell on’s I think are a no brainier, it’s buy-backs I never get, I know you didn’t mention but-backs it just made me think.
If I was a player and a club sold me because they didn’t think I was good enough, I’d not be returning down the line. I’d be of the mindset they didn’t want to take a chance back then so their loss. Similar to how we all react when a player who has snubbed us is linked again down the line.
This lad should be loaned out and it made clear we have no intention of selling him. We should then be doing all we can to get him to sign a new contract with a nice buy out in it.
Personally i think he should get a bit of play time in the first team this year, maybe cup games etc.

Loaning is ok if we get a fee, but if we sell, we generate income to offset any purchases. It could be with the buy-back clause that we tell the player and his agent that there is no route to the first team currently with 2-3 players ahead of you, but get that vital first team experience somewhere else first and that may change (given we gave a number of first team players in their thirties)

Loaning is ok if we get a fee, but if we sell, we generate income to offset any purchases. It could be with the buy-back clause that we tell the player and his agent that there is no route to the first team currently with 2-3 players ahead of you, but get that vital first team experience somewhere else first and that may change (given we gave a number of first team players in their thirties)
“Might” is not the words you want to hear as a player…. A loan fee is irrelevant to us as a club or business, it’s pittance. What matters is experience for a player we value or see as having a bright future, selling them now also doesn’t dent the books in terms of balancing out. I fully get the Trafford situation, he’s clearly talented and an England international already, he needs first team footy and won’t get that at City. It’s as though we are scared to take a chance on some in the academy.

That is a very simple view of what actually happens. James Trafford for instance isn't going to displace Ederson and probably not Ortega, and I doubt he'd be happy being 2nd choice on the bench for the next 4 or 5 years anyway. So we sell with sell-on, buy-back and matching-offer clauses inserted (which he must be happy with) and goes and becomes a 1st team goalie. Down the line we decide it's time to replace Ederson (or he wants to play for a team where he doesn't fall asleep waiting for the opposition to get the ball ) and we'll talk to Trafford, you can't really believe he'd snub us because we helped him develop his game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.