It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

That’s a fair comment as well mate but we did go big on Bellingham and then Rice even though Kovacic was coming in?
The way I see thise are they were available and while we didn’t have a need for them rhey were worth a shot . Think it”s significant nobody else seems to be targeted as alternatives and-maybe won’t be unless Bernardo brings an offer in the next couple of weeks,

The way I see thise are they were available and while we didn’t have a need for them rhey were worth a shot . Think it”s significant nobody else seems to be targeted as alternatives and-maybe won’t be unless Bernardo brings an offer in the next couple of weeks,

Any big name targets though come at a price and we do have form for not really wanting to be that type of club? Before I get the pile on from some about the season we have just had and 5 in 6 years premier leagues etc Pep himself has acknowledged the need for refresh every couple of seasons with big players? Say Valverde was available for £110m then we won’t do that even though the business is growing, we are bringing in bigger extra sponsorship etc and the academy is generating huge profits now? We may only have Pep for two more years so let’s go big and see if he can do the quad!

Any big name targets though come at a price and we do have form for not really wanting to be that type of club? Before I get the pile on from some about the season we have just had and 5 in 6 years premier leagues etc Pep himself has acknowledged the need for refresh every couple of seasons with big players? Say Valverde was available for £110m then we won’t do that even though the business is growing, we are bringing in bigger extra sponsorship etc and the academy is generating huge profits now? We may only have Pep for two more years so let’s go big and see if he can do the quad!
Only thing I add is we don”t know what sort of ceiling the coaches and Pep / Txiki see for players like Bobb, Palmer, Lewis , McAteeand maybe one or two more.
They could and I haven’t the faintest idea be seen as better than some of our previous academy talents and be expected to push on more.
If so thers might be a reluctance to spend big on say a kDB replacement or a Mharez replacement unless he leaves

You would have thought so. I know it’s early days and City know what they are doing, but I’m mildly surprised that so far we are Kovacic in Gundogan out. Just seems a lot left to do.

That said I didn’t think our squad was big enough last season so I got that massively wrong.
We were a bit lucky with injuries last season. Already KDB is out for a while. Either need reinforcements or put more faith in the kids - ideally both

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.