It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

As it stands: Ederson, Ortega, Gomez, Lewis, Walker, Dias, Ake, Stones, Akanji, Laporte, Phillip's, Rodri, Kovacic, Perrone, Mahrez, Palmer, Foden, De Bruyne, Grealish, Bernardo, Alvarez, Haaland

22 players there, plus any I might have missed. As it stands there's no room for any more incomings unless we sell first. That's my take on it

When do we have to register squads for PL and CL? For PL isn't it the end of each transfer window? There really isn't any concern about squad places until we get to that point, particularly when Perrone & Palmer are earmarked for loans, Gomez could be moved to Girona, Laporte will almost certainly move and Walker & Mahrez likely to go as well.

Can’t believe what I’m reading on here sometimes fuck me tarquins favourites we might be hungover from last season ,do you not know pep at all he doesn’t allow that shit why are certain fuckers so defeatist get a fucking grip
Didn't they bottle it and City won the league with three to play? Some fckin challenge that

As it stands: Ederson, Ortega, Gomez, Lewis, Walker, Dias, Ake, Stones, Akanji, Laporte, Phillip's, Rodri, Kovacic, Perrone, Mahrez, Palmer, Foden, De Bruyne, Grealish, Bernardo, Alvarez, Haaland

22 players there, plus any I might have missed. As it stands there's no room for any more incomings unless we sell first. That's my take on it
Foden,Lewis and Palmer don't count,Carson does, so one place.

My concern in this window is with goal scorers, last year we lost Sterling and Jesus, this year Gundo and probably Mahrez, yes we have Haaland but I don't expect him to score 50+ goals again to be honest, We will need close to 100 goals just in the PL. I trust Pep will find new sources for goals but it might be too late to recover.
If your concerned about City's goal scorers I really don't think football is for you

Last year worked because players not in the starting eleven stepped up when they got their chance. Always thought that about Utd back in the day. It's what my dad spoke of about AC Milan in the 90s. How difficult it would be to keep the players in the stands happy.

Doing so, whilst maintaining that feat of having people step up, is incredibly difficult.

Players that have stepped up want assurances. They aren't forthcoming, because it would undermine the thing that makes it work. That is what is biting, right now.

There is no formula for making this whole thing work that I'm aware of. It's a player by player thing in the squad, so
I'm pretty open minded as to what we do in the market from here.

Having said that, we should certainly make sure we are strong enough to take the title, knowing it is still a very hard league.

And I do think we must take another shot at the CL, it is looking so inviting right now, the club will likely never have another period where a fairly average Real Madrid side are the biggest rivals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.