It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Why would he move to Arsenal or Liverpool? Same role there? Looking at his development last season he’d definitely get more time for City than Phillips would.
They are more likely to promise him more game time than Pep and City ever will.
His situation is also giving Gabri Veiga vibes anyway at the moment. Lots of agent talk, no action.

I doubt that's real. The Saudis are not daft, and they wouldn't risk delaying a transfernas big as Mahrez by playing chicken with the fee. Every high profile player they sign is a PR coup that helps attract other high profile names.
Santi is possibly the absolute worst source.

We had one player joining on deadline day that ended the season as a starter as opposed to two who were the entire preseason with the team and finished on the bench. I’m not worried about that
Gus, I have to disagree on that point--preason is critical for fitness( the way City do it, not the players current club), the ryhthm of the team, incorporating new signings, learning about the club rather than being thrown in at the deep end, camaraderie, acclimitisation..sure some players can just drop in, but I think you will find managers and players know the full value of pre-season within the parameters of their new club.

I think for all the talk of using the academy more, I don’t look at too many of the ones who have gone through it and think we could do with them.

Some very good players, but Foden’s the gem (Lewis is jury out, seems decent and high hopes for McAtee).

In the whole the sales have covered the cost of various signings in.

Let them crack on, working as it should for me.
Yep. Business as usual for me as it is delivering (many) trophies.

You obviously don't remember when we signed Rodney Marsh then. We definitely lost the league that season.

Arsenal appeared to be flying towards the title but absolutely bottled the league last season. We took full advantage of it, as the best teams do.

Like I said, it's all about ability and mentality. City are masters of both. That's why the rest of English and European football fear Pep's City.
Spot on ref Marsh.
The worst part of that shambolic end of the season was the dropping of Tony Towers who that season was outstanding and he was dropped for no other reason than he was a City youngster who had come through the ranks.
We virtually had the league sewn up until we bought Marsh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.