It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Running with the outs only, as that seems the only thing in the media.
Our CEO has gone on record saying that there would be a large transfer fund, we will probably make a huge sum from youth sales, we operated with one of the smallest squads last year, and even sent a first team player out on loan, Pep has so far played with the same squad in the CL as the PL. So the first thing we can see is, we do not need to sell to raise funds or create squad places.
We would be extremely foolish not to notice, that right across Europe our direct rivals are reducing wages, with them controlling FFP we may be forced to follow, 49% was City`s aim but with winning everything this has spiraled. this will not please Pep as experience generally cost more in wages and Pep loves experience. i rubbished a post claiming City will run with a 3 3 3 1 next season, but the more i look at it i think the post was bang on the money, so with that in mind..
Walker no move, his agent is pushing for an extension, but City have no reason to do so, his off field antics shamed the club, but he will be needed in a back 3 for this season.
Laporte out £60 million, his replacement is almost in, the fee is easy when you look at the way Chelsea, Real and Barca fund their signings, his wages are his problem, he may well find himself on loan but it will be a loan that suits City, as City reduce wages.
Cancelo out £40 million, pretty much the same as Laporte, strange really that we are talking about, two of the best defenders in world football.
Gomez out £15 million, loan or sale the PL is too much for him, a good U21`s did him well.
Gundogan out free. done deal, replacement already in.
Bernardo out £60+ million, this one will hurt but we have to honour our perceived agreement.
Palmer out loan, the lad needs 90 minutes on a regular basis.
Marhez out £ 30+ million, our only winger, he is fading.
Phillips????? £40 million, he probably stays, too much moving and we have not seen his best.
The bits that have to be acknowledged, are the huge wages, the huge amount of experience, the huge amount of goals, but not assists, Bernardo asside not a huge amount of minutes in the second half of the season, that City are in control due to the lenghts of all the contracts.

if you look at this squad, the only pro player on the bench is Alvarez...

This will be very difficult season. Newcastle and Arsenal are stronger, Liverpool as well.
Chelsea has that Pochetinio guy and one tournament to play. United will be stronger.
Tottenham seems to be an underdog, but they have potential to surprise all of us.

So going into that season with that bench will be a suicide..
On the paper we all have hopes for these young guys, but in a difficult PL period, when someone is injured,
let's say Kovacic and you play Rico there or Doyle - there is a big chance you will loose important points.

That's why we need Pavard, Guardiol, Phillips and Sane. At least 5-6 pro players from the bench and 5-6 young players, to have some balance. Other ones should be loaned.
Every season, we enter it with a large number of posters talking about how strong opponents are and how much weaker we are. We assume that each player going to rivals will be an immediate success and that ours will need a year, and it ignores our achievements.

In the squad that I spoke of, I assumed that all those talked about as potential leavers would leave, and we would not buy anyone, even Gvardiol. If that happened, and that was our squad, I would be excited at the opportunity to see some of the best young players in the game being given their chance. The reality is that not all of those players will go, and we will buy. There is no suicide here.

Last edited:
Will he be on the plane to Japan that is the only question that's important, I will be shocked if he is and a little worried.

Wouldn't be surprised if he felt one of those slight discomforts in training and stayed back as a precaution. The club can't be seen to be deliberately sidelining him though, doesn't help anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.