It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I just don't get why people are so desperate for this imaginary scenario of Pep being unhappy with the club and the players they give him or fail to give him, when everything he says at every chance he gets, is clearly the opposite.

Seriously, have you ever watched a single interview or a response to a question he has given? He is pretty much one with the board, and shows it so so often.
Pep is involved in every transfer discussion & our season ending 2 weeks later than Arsenal, meant that they jumped in quickly for Rice.

It was widely reported how pissed off he was that City didn't sign Maguire. Which shows 1) he can & does get pissed off and 2) sometimes it's for the best
I believe Maguire would have been a clever signing. He would have become a legend and as a bonus we would have avoided the cost of a statue by securing him in a concrete base at the front of the ground.

It will but to be fair we’ll see players come back home and leave the camp, and others fly out to join them. It’s not a new thing and happens every season.
Now if KDB or Haaland are not on the flight then meltdown will ensue.
Would think it very unlikely KDB will be on that flight - we're not expecting him to be playing until mid-September after his injury??

I do wonder though if Pep gets pissed off at times having to find solutions for a club that has the resources we do? I`m sure his new contract and meeting with the owner and Khaldoon would have come with certain promises of the desire to back him to go again, refresh and the targets he wanted which according to our best City journos was Bellingham, Gvardiol and Kovacic and anything else was fluid? Bellingham chose elsewhere which is what it is but i`m not sure Pep will be happy on the club not getting Rice and especially losing out to Arsenal as he wont give a shit how much players cost in reality, just who he wants and the plan he had. We are still sorting Gvardiol with no guarantee he comes in still and now has on his first day back seemingly been told by others they want out?
Pep has loads of help. You make it sound as if has made all the decisions & issued all the orders to the board for last 7 years. Obviously not the case which is why he constantly thanks the club & management.

There is definitely no reason to suppose or, indeed, evidence to suggest he is pissed off with anyone.

Why presume such a thing which some folk take as fact.

Trying to save that extra £15m and letting Arse get Rice is looking a worse decision every day.

For a club of our resources we don’t half penny pinch at times, it’s seriously frustrating. As Treble winners and with Pep here, this could have been our opportunity to really fuck up our rivals.
You’ve no idea what’s going on so why get yourself so worked up

That’s reasonable, but then if we like a bit of behind the scenes gossip, and most do if it’s from a good source, then why not take it on board. What City say and what they do aren’t always the same.

There is a bit of background gossip, and then there is running away with an interpretation and then presenting it as the real and quite dour picture of what's 'really' going on at the club. And that's not come from the original post, but a collective snowballing of imagination.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.