It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Cole Palmer and Rico should get a few more games also MCatee will be in the role of Palmer on the fringes and called up when needed.

As for new arrivals I kinda want a new creative midfielder always liked Olmo but don't think we will get him this window.

Who was the last player City signed out of no where, Akanji? I have confidence we will find the right players if certain players leave.

It's not just about the team it's the squad we're looking at losing another 4 players and linked with absolutely nobody. I'd have signed the 2 midfielders Liverpool bought I'd have signed Rice, Tonali maybe Maddison but I don't see Spurs as a threat.

Anyway by the end of Sept we'll be sorted this club isn't stupid :)
the thing is , this whole being linked thing, we werent linked with akanji until about 2 hours before we got him, most of our deals arent protracted and the press just throw aload of crap at a wall and eventually something will stick.

Thats the beauty of being in the press , i could link city with 20 players and if one came through the door i could claim to have insider knowledge and the other 19 would be totally forgotten, its the easiest job in the world, in the world you can say we were linked with anybody and then if it didnt work out you just say they couldnt agree a fee, player changed their mind , whatever you like really and then just hang your hat on the one transfer you got right.

The only difference between Cancelo and Rice in midfield is that one is better at smiling broadly while signing autographs for kids.

The only difference between Laporte and Gvardiol in defence is that one is younger and has a finely follicled face.

Theonly difference between Kovacic and Gundogan is that one has a handsome new nose.

We are good so far guys.

If you think Rice and Cancelo are similar, you watch a different game to me.

A few seasons ago there wasn’t much between Phillips and Rice, but that certainly was not the case last season. However, hopefully with the right coaching and run of fitness, the gap can be narrowed this season.

Rodri is clearly levels above all of them.

the thing is , this whole being linked thing, we werent linked with akanji until about 2 hours before we got him, most of our deals arent protracted and the press just throw aload of crap at a wall and eventually something will stick.

Thats the beauty of being in the press , i could link city with 20 players and if one came through the door i could claim to have insider knowledge and the other 19 would be totally forgotten, its the easiest job in the world, in the world you can say we were linked with anybody and then if it didnt work out you just say they couldnt agree a fee, player changed their mind , whatever you like really and then just hang your hat on the one transfer you got right.
Ye. Like I said tho I'm not worried, I firmly believe City will get this rite it's not like we're skint :)

I just don't get why people are so desperate for this imaginary scenario of Pep being unhappy with the club and the players they give him or fail to give him, when everything he says at every chance he gets, is clearly the opposite.

Seriously, have you ever watched a single interview or a response to a question he has given? He is pretty much one with the board, and shows it so so often.
You would expect nothing less from Pep in public but in private he won’t always be happy flowers even with those above him. The most I can remember him saying publicly, and this was years ago, was that City needed to learn to close off transfers quicker.

A disaster in City terms atm would be not making top 4 (feels strange not saying relegation) and the way other teams are strengthening if we remain with such a small squad it could definitely happen.

Although I don't think it will, IMO I think we'll sign 2/3 players or at least I hope.
Nobody is suggesting we won't if players leave, so no panic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.