It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I can't be the only one reading this thread and just not grasping why there's a sense of panic, or at least concern.

These are times to be happy. Our squad is amazing and will still be amazing IF all of or a combination of Walker, Laporte, Cancelo, Mahrez and Bernie leave us, as well as the already departed Gundo.

Alvarez is ready to play more minutes and to be honest probably wouldn't be happy come the end of the season if he doesn't. Foden missed loads of last season and was off form for chunks of it too, he'll be like a new player himself. Rico has demonstrated his ability to step up and Kovacic seems a wise signing.

If there's nobody out there of value who will improve the team then that's perhaps not a bad thing as it shows how strong we already are.

Hopefully the Gvardiol deal gets done, and there's no information to suggest that it won't. After that, a new attacking CM or right sided midfielder would be ideal - but if it doesn't happen then it's not a disaster either.
Amen to this.

Life is pretty dull in the main too, checking this thread and thinking of possible departures and then arrivals adds to our day and gives us something to ponder.

Whatever happens our core is still here and motivated, then let’s not forget our youth - Lavia is a 50 million pound player now, Trafford going for 20 million, Sancho went United for 82 million, we are rejecting offers of 30 million for mcatee - so it’s not like we are relying on willo flood and Stephan Jordan to come in. We have an elite setup so part of me hopes the older players do fuck off and then we can then win everything with a perfect mixture of kids and world class talents.

In this case though it does sound more like the agents he has a problem with particularly if they have given City the strong impression their players want to stay.
I agree, but the Gvardiol situation is a separate issue. Pep requested the player months ago and we're still fannying around over the price. We were willing to spend £90mil on Rice, why not just use that to give Leipzig the record fee they want? Because it's clear by now they aren't going to lower their valuation.

I can only think that Rice came out and said he only wanted Arsenal and that's why City walked away? Otherwise, surely they could have just left the bid live and let the player decide?

WH rejected it. It could be Rice wanted Arsenal. It could also be that was as high as our club would go (it was pretty damn high, and hardly unfair), and after it was rejected Rice was only left with Arsenal as an option. And WH with only one bidder, which is why they accepted their next bid.

Well we will walk away from Gvardiol because it’s seems we think 86m is to much or will they drop the fee?
I was reading that Leipzig have been waiting to sign a replacement before actually negotiating the fee. I’d expect this to move soon. But as this was a targeted signing wouldn’t be surprised if we had a back up option incase

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.