It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I was reading that Leipzig have been waiting to sign a replacement before actually negotiating the fee. I’d expect this to move soon. But as this was a targeted signing wouldn’t be surprised if we had a back up option incase

This waiting for a team to buy someone before we buy them is a smoke screen no other clubs ever do that they just buy them!

This waiting for a team to buy someone before we buy them is a smoke screen no other clubs ever do that they just buy them!
I think for normal transfers I agree. But if you ever get 100m for a player you get fleeced buying a replacement.

And when you put it as succinctly as that, it's a shambles when we're three weeks away from the season starting. We're potentially losing Mahrez, Bernie, Kyle, and Laporte; that's four seasoned members of the squad, and hoping the youngsters will step up to fill their boots just isn't going to cut it. Hopefully Gvardiol replaces Laporte. Not confident Kova will be as productive as Gundo but we'll see. However, we should have the resources to bring in replacements of the requisite quality.
Khaldoon said we wouldn't stand still after winning the treble but were doing exactly that.

Dont mind players leaving at all but it all seems a bit chaotic right now, can't be good for the new season preparations, our usually top notch media team havent even released preseason material, that says it all.

What's your opinion on those players? Intrested to hear.
The Laporte situation. He is a tad unfortunate that Akanji eventually settled and adjusted to Pep's new system a lot quicker and he hasn't fully recovered from injury. Laporte will stay even with the Gvardiol signing (not so sure if Pavard or alternative arrives). I don't think Mahrez was sulking that much. We didn't need to make a statement about Bernardo Silva after Gundo left. Our stance been clear since last summer.

I agree, but the Gvardiol situation is a separate issue. Pep requested the player months ago and we're still fannying around over the price. We were willing to spend £90mil on Rice, why not just use that to give Leipzig the record fee they want? Because it's clear by now they aren't going to lower their valuation.
Maybe the delay isn't the fee. Build are reporting that it's Leipzig that's the hold up and paused negotiations so they could get their replacements in.

Nonsense. For 2-3 years there isn’t a blue on here who wouldn’t have wanted him in the starting 11 every week.

I’ve seen so many reactionary posts about Cancelo on here recently that are more to do with his attitude over the last 6 months since losing his spot.

I’m not disputing that he has a face like a smacked arse when things don’t go his way but generally speaking he was top class in a City shirt and contributed massively to the way we play.
nonsense, he was dreadful for 10 months living off the hype, as he started to get media attention his form was already nose diving

weak in physical contact and unable to defend, had started to cost us goals and then kicked off about not playing

I'll be the one, have been commenting on this for ages, his poor performances were being covered by the odd assist but one pass doesn't make up for leaving us in trouble at the back

I can only think that Rice came out and said he only wanted Arsenal and that's why City walked away? Otherwise, surely they could have just left the bid live and let the player decide?
I believe Arsenal's 2nd bid totalling £90mil was rejected with West Ham wanting over £100mil.

We then came in offering a bid totalling £90mil which was rejected by West Ham. We then pulled out because that was our budget.

Arsenal then bid £105mil and it was agreed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.